Revan 2014 GT500 Mod Log

Van@RevanRacing

As many of you know I sold my 2013 GT500 and picked up a 2014 GT500 in Sterling Grey with Sonic Blue Stripes.

Instead of just jumping into the modifications I wanted to do a subtle step by step approach.

One of the first things that jumps out at me and many other GT500 owners are the fuel rails and the horrendous resonator eliminator and hood prop rod. Not to mention the yellow air filter.

So with this being edition one of the Mod Log we will:

Replace the Fuel Rails
Replace the Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body
Remove the hood prop rod and replace with hood struts
Remove the passenger side PCV line and install an oil separator

Before with exactly 499 miles on the clock.

IMG_4892_zpse3d74128.jpg

IMG_4894_zpsf67d4024.jpg

Replaced the fuel rails with Revan Racing Billet Aluminum Fuel Rails in Black Anodized along with a Custom Bob's Ultimate Oil Separator trying to match Sterling Grey Metallic. The color is off a little but the oil separator is more function than bling. It looks good IMO.

IMG_4897_zps2d29a4fb.jpg

IMG_4898_zps6630c3f1.jpg

Although the 13-6 kit is one of the most popular items on my website the 13-5 kit gets overlooked at times. I opted to go with the Sterling Grey Metallic JLT Plastic 123MM CAI and Ford Racing Dual 65MM Throttle Body with Blue Filter.

IMG_4900_zps70148a9f.jpg

IMG_4899_zps1bf397f0.jpg

Hood struts are self explanatory. Nice to have that prop rod out of the way.

Load the tune from Lund Racing and took her out for a quick tire thrashing. Mission accomplished.

Future Editions of Mod Log:

Revan Racing Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Revan Racing Stainless Steel Clutch Line
Replace brake fluid with high temperature brake fluid
Billet Pro Shop Upper Pulley and 90 MM Idler
Magnaflow Black Street Series Mufflers
American Racing Long Tube Headers
Suspension Modifications and upgrades
Engine Bay Reservoirs
Competition Heat Exchanger

And many more...............

gr8snkbite

Established Member
Nice start Van. Is that pass side fuel rail elbow the same as driver side? Nice change instead of attaching at the rear of the rail. Why that way? Clearance issues with FW?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great post, looking forward to your progress Van.
The engine and blower looks MUCH cleaner with the fuel rail mod, I'd never noticed that before, could you explain it a bit? (Adding to mod list now :) )
-J

Ky GT500

Established Member
Well crap,,,more mods,,,,fuel rails,,,,heading to RR website to check those out. Just when I thought it was coming to an end,,,should've know better anytime Van is around. :beer:

Van@RevanRacing

Nice start Van. Is that pass side fuel rail elbow the same as driver side? Nice change instead of attaching at the rear of the rail. Why that way? Clearance issues with FW?

It's an easier install. The back of the passenger side rail is real close to the EGR and other items. Logistically you could do it on the back but I didn't feel like removing the supercharger and when I upgrade the supercharger it will have all the necessary clearance. The elbows on the rails are similar except for the fuel line fitting. This install allows you to completely assemble the rails prior to install.

Great post, looking forward to your progress Van.
The engine and blower looks MUCH cleaner with the fuel rail mod, I'd never noticed that before, could you explain it a bit? (Adding to mod list now :) )
-J

Just have to remove the intake and supercharger elbow and then remove the old rails and reinstall. You need to depressurize the fuel system which is very easy. The fourth bolt on the back of the elbow requires a swivel socket and comes right out. Then you can maneuver the rails into position.

Time consuming but an easy mod.

Well crap,,,more mods,,,,fuel rails,,,,heading to RR website to check those out. Just when I thought it was coming to an end,,,should've know better anytime Van is around. :beer:

Who's your buddy?? :beer:

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Van, Looking good and great idea for a thread! From what I've seen and read the biggest bottle neck on our cars is the T/B. I haven't seen may discuss the t/b calibration process. Is these something that needs to be done when someone purchases a T/B?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Van, Looking good and great idea for a thread! From what I've seen and read the biggest bottle neck on our cars is the T/B. I haven't seen may discuss the t/b calibration process. Is these something that needs to be done when someone purchases a T/B?

Install TB, load SCT tune :burnout:
And you are correct, the TB is one of the biggest HP bolt-ons available.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It's an easier install. The back of the passenger side rail is real close to the EGR and other items. Logistically you could do it on the back but it didn't feel like removing the supercharger and when I upgrade the supercharger it will have all the necessary clearance. The elbows on the rails are similar except for the fuel line fitting. This install allows you to completely assemble the rails prior to install.

Just have to remove the intake and supercharger elbow and then remove the old rails and reinstall. You need to depressurize the fuel system which is very easy. The fourth bolt on the back of the elbow requires a swivel socket and comes right out. Then you can maneuver the rails into position.

Time consuming but an easy mod.

Do these rails work with the bigger chargers (Whipple, KB)?
I think I may add the rails when I upgrade the injectors for E85 next year.
I still see a KB a few years out, but I know some mods do not work with the KBs, just wanted to make sure these rails do.
Thanks man.
-J

Van@RevanRacing

Install TB, load SCT tune :burnout:
And you are correct, the TB is one of the biggest HP bolt-ons available.
-J

Yes, you need a calibration for the throttle body.

Do these rails work with the bigger chargers (Whipple, KB)?
I think I may add the rails when I upgrade the injectors for E85 next year.
I still see a KB a few years out, but I know some mods do not work with the KBs, just wanted to make sure these rails do.
Thanks man.
-J

Yes. These fuel rails are designed to work with taller injectors (like a Ford Racing 80 lb even though they suck) and a Kenne Bell 3.6 or Kenne Bell 4.2

With a standard height injector like an ID 1000 or ID 1300 no clearance issues with any blower.

Van when I go to do my KB next month is that a good time to do the fuel lines? They look great.

That would be a perfect time to swap the rails.

Here is a link to the Fuel Rails on my website.

GT500 Fuel Rails - Revan Racing, Inc.

Ky GT500

Established Member
So these will fit on my stock injectors??? Like the black look,,,goes with the theme of my car. :coolman:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Man! You guys really like the fuel rails!! I should have put those on a long time ago! Thanks for the orders guys.

Everybody hates that fkn fuel crossover :shrug:
That big ass blower needs to be front and center, no distractions. :rockon:
-J

Users who are viewing this thread