Revan 2014 GT500 Mod Log

Husky44

Established Member
Notice the stainless steel braided line in the picture after the fuel rail installation. That is the equivalent of the cross over feeding the other side of the fuel rails.

That's what I thought, but couldn't see the other end, and thought it might just be a return line (haven't really paid much attention to the fuel system on this motor... yet). Rails do look sweet!

Van@RevanRacing

Do these rails effect the warranty?

Rails are cosmetic and perform exactly the same. However, when you remove any factory OEM component from your car you no longer have a warranty on that component.

So if you were to switch out your fuel rails your OEM fuel rails would no longer be covered under your warranty.

Van@RevanRacing

Mod log continues

Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines and Clutch Line
IMG_4903_zpsab85d8a9.jpg

IMG_4905_zps03832789.jpg

IMG_4907_zpsbb3b0ae5.jpg

IMG_4908_zps5c1b2765.jpg

IMG_4909_zpsd224352e.jpg

IMG_4911_zps186a2249.jpg

IMG_4913_zpsf6fcc30f.jpg

IMG_4914_zps7cf6ceee.jpg

IMG_4915_zpsdddecaad.jpg

IMG_4919_zpse0c8a1bb.jpg

2013 - 2014 GT500 Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines - Revan Racing, Inc.

We replaced the fluid with Brembo LCF 600 High Temperature Racing Brake Fluid and the car is ready for Daytona next month.

More pics and mods to follow. It was a busy day. :beer:

Van@RevanRacing

More MODS

I also added some Magnaflow Street Series Mufflers.

Nice rumble. No drone and the look in the rear is awesome IMO.

IMG_4918_zps4ce57e29.jpg

IMG_4927_zpse2689ec7.jpg

IMG_4928_zpsc44d8918.jpg

IMG_4931_zpscba206f8.jpg

IMG_4929_zpsfc3802c3.jpg

For a straight flow through muffler I was very surprised at how nice the car sounded and it wasn't overly loud. Just a nice rumble over the OEM exhaust and the improved look of the black mufflers against the black rear diffuser.

I am going to Daytona in December and I'll do a video from the rear of the car to demonstrate the sound at high speed.

Tytus2012

Established Member
I also added some Magnaflow Street Series Mufflers.

Nice rumble. No drone and the look in the rear is awesome IMO.

IMG_4918_zps4ce57e29.jpg

IMG_4927_zpse2689ec7.jpg

IMG_4928_zpsc44d8918.jpg

IMG_4931_zpscba206f8.jpg

IMG_4929_zpsfc3802c3.jpg

For a straight flow through muffler I was very surprised at how nice the car sounded and it wasn't overly loud. Just a nice rumble over the OEM exhaust and the improved look of the black mufflers against the black rear diffuser.

I am going to Daytona in December and I'll do a video from the rear of the car to demonstrate the sound at high speed.

Are you going to have your headers on there too?

Established Member
How would you handle a Watts link on this car with the diff cooler? Fayes style?

Is the clutch line a stand alone item or included in the brake line package?

Thanks

Edit, answered my own question on the clutch line.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

How would you handle a Watts link on this car with the diff cooler? Fayes style?

Is the clutch line a stand alone item or included in the brake line package?

Thanks

Edit, answered my own question on the clutch line.

Never done a Fays Watts Link on any car. I'm not a fan of that product.

My new clutch line is different than the others on the market and it's not listed individually currently. My clutch line uses a double O-Ring on each end and is secured with the oem connection. No other moving parts like the JHR piece. I will soon be listing my clutch line separately.

Established Member
So if you wanted a cover mounted Watt's, would you drill and tap into the Griggs cover for the cooling lines?

As an aside, were differentials failing quite often due to overheating? :??:

Van@RevanRacing

So if you wanted a cover mounted Watt's, would you drill and tap into the Griggs cover for the cooling lines?

As an aside, were differentials failing quite often due to overheating? :??:

Slowpony car did a Griggs Watts Link on his 2013 GT500 and they plumbed the cooling lines and temp sensor to the watts cover. It's been done multiple times.

I do not have enough information or data to say why some of these rear ends on 13 - 14 GT500's are failing.

marsh2o

Established Member
These fuel rails are designed to work with taller injectors (like a Ford Racing 80 lb even though they suck)

I've heard several people say they don't like the Ford 80 lb injectors, but nobody has explained why. What's the difference between the Ford units and those produced by other companies?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh man, those mufflers look good!!!

Yes they do, probably saved a few pounds too, the stockers are heavy (but do sound badass for OEM).
Van, did your last 2013 have the SS lines? I love the feel they provided on my other cars, looking forward to all the Revan Racing parts I have in the garage getting on the car before spring...new beast!
-J

Van@RevanRacing

I've heard several people say they don't like the Ford 80 lb injectors, but nobody has explained why. What's the difference between the Ford units and those produced by other companies?

Ford Racing 80's have a plunger design that sticks slightly at cold start. That's always been the biggest complaint with Ford Racing 80's. That and they are taller injectors than OEM.

Oh man, those mufflers look good!!!

:beer:

Yes they do, probably saved a few pounds too, the stockers are heavy (but do sound badass for OEM).
Van, did your last 2013 have the SS lines? I love the feel they provided on my other cars, looking forward to all the Revan Racing parts I have in the garage getting on the car before spring...new beast!
-J

I did not release the stainless steel braided brake lines before I sold my 13. The braided brake line kit was based off of the the 13.

You're definitely racking up the parts inventory. Let the modding begin!!

Users who are viewing this thread