New Ford Police Car

lorne

Established Member
Has Ford released the new Police Interceptor yet? I saw what I think was a Tarus based police car in Sudbury, MA and was wondering if it was a standard Taurus or a PI.

Lorne

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
not sure if where i work we'll get those but we recently started getting these:

alg_polce_cars.jpg

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
^Those are just as bad as the altimas.

Terrible move ford.Chevy will succeed with their ppv caprice though.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
i agree, mr obama supplies the fusions and altimas bc they are "green" but the departments so strapped for cash they take all the free stuff they can get

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

the caprice is going to be the only one left with some actual grunt to it... Hybrid cars are not pursuit vehicles... And most chargers I see are 2.7V6's, definitely no power house there

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
We beat the CV every day and they keep on keeping on. Bad move

+1

I love the CV's. Great durability and size/space. Good handling and low end. I heard our department would be going with whatever CHP chooses as their next car, which I think will be the taurus. Hopefully it's nothing like the Impala :nonono: Personally, I was hoping we would go with the Caprice.

ShelbyJK500

Established Member

Unfortunately Ford will lose on this one. The only viable option for a true patrol/pursuit capable vehicle is the Eco-boost AWD. However, an all-wheel drive turbo'd car is a department's worst maintenance nightmare!! The costs associated with maintaining a vehicle with those component's that gets beat on daily FAR exceeds any fuel consumption savings.

That said, it looks like my jurisdiction is going with the V8 Caprice. It pains me that Ford missed the boat on this one.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Our dept. just received a couple of 2010 v8 chargers.

I am assigned to one of them. It embarrasses the 09 crown vic I was previously assigned to. (power, handling)

The downside's: The bigger guys fit, but its a squeeze. The bigger prisoners gotta sit damn near sideways. The amount of blind spots and overall visibility when driving is the hardest to get used to. I feel like I'm missing stuff because I'm just not used to the different view yet.

blackbob

Nurburgring GTO
Established Member

I am assigned to one of them. It embarrasses the 09 crown vic I was previously assigned to. (power, handling)

The downside's: The bigger guys fit, but its a squeeze. The bigger prisoners gotta sit damn near sideways. The amount of blind spots and overall visibility when driving is the hardest to get used to. I feel like I'm missing stuff because I'm just not used to the different view yet.
Sounds terrible.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

I'm a die-hard Blue-Oval kinda guy, but my 159,000 mile '06 Impala V6 will embarrass any CV out there. Off the line and top-end. On the other hand, the Imp gets raped by the Charger, although not by much considering it's lacking 2 bores. But I do get the better visibility!

silver03svt

Established Member
VA Beach, I thought the Marauder was supposed to be a "Police Hot Rod" car.

Yeah, but they overpriced that and put it under Mercury's name. Double fail for Ford on that! Otherwise, it would've been a kickass ride for us.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
We have a variety of new vehicles at my dept, including a camaro ss marked speed enforcement unit, a few chargers, bunch of tahoes, and a full fleet of cv's still. Dont know what we are going to next. I like carbon motors but there is no way my dept will get them

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Update this FORD,

Crown vic performance standard 4.6 3valve and optional 5.0 for highway patrol ect.As for looks the car could use minimal changes. There is no reason to remake an ICON.My P71 spreads traffic like Moses crossing the red sea.

Lets see those impalas and hemi chargers last 200k+ miles after police departments are done beating the snot out of them.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
Update this FORD,

Crown vic performance standard 4.6 3valve and optional 5.0 for highway patrol ect.As for looks the car could use minimal changes. There is no reason to remake an ICON.My P71 spreads traffic like Moses crossing the red sea.

Lets see those impalas and hemi chargers last 200k+ miles after police departments are done beating the snot out of them.

My Impala has 159000+ miles on it. I run the dogsnot out of it. Front rotors and pads with every 5,000 oil change. They even gave me a set of slotted/vented rotors and I managed only 6,500 miles on them! Original motor and trans in the car. Never wrecked. 5 alternators, 1 water pump, 1 power steering pump, and more tires that I can count. Suspension components still won't match the CV though!

Users who are viewing this thread