New Ford Police Car

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Wow....I'd like to have a supercharged ANYTHING (almost) for a cruiser!:lol:

One of my neighbors is retired from my Dept and now Chief of a smaller municipality that drives all V6 Chargers. His car was ordered as a black V8 and he has put a CAI and a catback on it, but he did so out of his own pocket.

Anyway, as far as new cars, we have been primarily CV's for the last few years, but they always sneak some Impala's in there. We have NO Chargers, and a few Tahoe's for K9. The Impala's are fast down low and handle pretty well, but in my opinion Chevy just can't build a police car anymore that can take abuse like a Vic. With the conditions we drive under, most of our Impala's are worn out by 100K, where the Vic's are still going.

That is talking about the newer-body Impala's, too. Hell, our agency still has some 2001 Impala's still in active service assigned to patrol, and even (veeeery few) a few 98 Lumina's that now mostly serve as unmarked or marked pool cars.

Don't even get me started on our friggin' unmarked fleet, lol. It's embarrassing! In fact, here's the unmarked I turned in a few months ago when I left my station's Det. Bureau::shrug:

100_2156.jpg

Yup, that's a 2002 Mali-Beast that I had to put a few extra lights in just to be seen! The looks on people's faces when I went by in that was great though, lol!

Last edited:

SparkSVT

Established Member
Our local pds have cv's altimas tahoe's suburbans' a few impalas' the cheifs get whatever car they want.. my uncle uses his srt8 blown charger and has used my car before as an unmarked. I got new brakes and tires out of it so I can't complain and he wrote a shit ton of racing tickets that week..

:lol::lol::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

Monster Mach

Established Member
I've noticed that since the BS meter started to hit the "uh oh, I'm getting called out " mark, he hasn't posted back in this thread.

I forgot all about this thread.. hahha o well.. like I said before the charger is his personal vehicle and everything that is done to it is out of his money.. not the govt.. the govt barely has enough money to buy crown vics.. hell he used his own money to purchase a police k9 for his departments crown vics and had to outfit it with the k9 package (window switches heat activators auto start bla bla). So before any of you ASSUME. Remember the old saying :) he by far isn't broke.. he retired after 40 years at one dept and became chief at another and owns a few buisnesses in the area. His wife works at the irs in albany and his daughters both went to syracuse uni.. so keep calling b.s :) makes my day that much better to know your wrong
This is here just to piss you off :)

IndyCobraVert

Established Member
I forgot all about this thread.. hahha o well.. like I said before the charger is his personal vehicle and everything that is done to it is out of his money.. not the govt.. the govt barely has enough money to buy crown vics.. hell he used his own money to purchase a police k9 for his departments crown vics and had to outfit it with the k9 package (window switches heat activators auto start bla bla). So before any of you ASSUME. Remember the old saying :) he by far isn't broke.. he retired after 40 years at one dept and became chief at another and owns a few buisnesses in the area. His wife works at the irs in albany and his daughters both went to syracuse uni.. so keep calling b.s :) makes my day that much better to know your wrong

Convinced me by saying that his daughters went to Syracuse University. Without that bit of important info I would have thought it was BS too.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I still don't know of anybody that would purchase their own high dollar sports car, equip it with police stuff, and use it for police duties. Still seems like BS. I onder who insures it? I wonder if his insurance knows he's using it in that capacity? And I wonder if he's paying for ALL the maintainance or if the taxpayers are taking a chip of that too?

Seems very sketchy. But oh well....no matter.

Cool story brah.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

Which Dept. does your uncle work for?

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Actually; there are a few departments where an officer can operate a personally-owned vehicle. Several departments on the big island of Hawaii still pays officers to use their own car. I believe a similar program was attempted in Berkeley, CA, not sure if they are still doing it or not.

I remember an article years ago in 5.0 magazine, covering a Hawaiian officer who was running a highly modified 5.0 Mustang. He absorbed much of the cost, since he receives a monthly fixed vehicle allowance that did not come close to covering the costs of his mods.

Users who are viewing this thread