Are there any believable excuses?

ramstein

Established Member
If somebody gets pulled over for speeding, for instance 15-20mph over the speed limit, are there any excuses that can help that driver to avoid a ticket or at least make it better? something like "I have a bowel problem and needed a restroom ASAP":- "I felt nauseated"
or 'I was on my way to a hospital" and I didn't realize that I was going so fast"

Last edited:

Danl

2 wheel nut job
Established Member
Try this one see if it helps. My wife said she is getting pregnant tonight. If I want to be part of that, I had better hurry home. :dancenana:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Try this one see if it helps. My wife said she is getting pregnant tonight. If I want to be part of that, I had better hurry home. :dancenana:

:lol1: At least the cop would laugh as he/she writes the ticket lol..

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
So let me get this straight, you are asking cops what lies you can tell other cops?
If no then you suck at typing what you want to ask,
If yes then you are a moron.
Sounds like a yes to me.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Usually just tell the truth, "No excuses officer, I wasnt paying attention to my speed :shrug:" dont just say "I wasnt paying attention" cause then that makes you look like a shitty driver. If you make sure to narrow it down to the fact you werent paying attention to your speed and let your right foot get the best of you, youd be surprised on how understanding an officer could be.

Last time I was doing 55 in a 45 and just straight up said "I didnt know it was 45 here sir" and he let me go. I didnt, and IMO it made no sense for that street to be only 45 (3 lane wide each direction with a concrete devider between each, no lights, and minimal side streets for a rather long expanse. Pretty much a freeway nestled between a big residential area with soundwalls on each side (comes off a freeway too). Let me go because I really didnt know, when i turned onto that road after the posted speed limit sign and he pulled me over before I was about to pass the next one (a good ways up).

ramstein

Established Member
So let me get this straight, you are asking cops what lies you can tell other cops?
If no then you suck at typing what you want to ask,
If yes then you are a moron.
Sounds like a yes to me.

I asked this question simply out of curiosity as a hypothetical situation that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with me personally. I have never had a ticket and never have had to make any excuses for my actions.
Look in the mirror before you call somebody a moron.

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
Normally telling truth and being very professional to the police will go a long ways.

I haven't had a ticket in 20+ years (Knock on wood). Honesty will get you a long ways.

Spade

Established Member

If someone said this to me there's a good chance they would get off just for the simple fact they made me laugh and having the balls to say it. I'm pretty easy going tho.

Normally telling truth and being very professional to the police will go a long ways. Honesty will get you a long ways.

FACT!!!! Cant stress that enough.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I usually just say, Sorry sir I was being a moron and I apologize Is there any way you could give me like a seatbelt ticket or something instead of a speeding ticket? If not, no problem at all. I just thought I'd ask.

This has worked way more times than not, believe it or not.

TermNewb

Banned
there is nothing you can do or say that will get you out of it. its all up to the officer who pulled you over.

just be polite, do not admit to anything, and see what happens. unless you are a police officer and produce a badge, or your the police chiefs son.. you will not get out of it with a magical excuse...

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Last year my uncle was on his way to the track in his bright red Porsche Cayman. A cop pulled him over for speeding and when the cop asked him why he was speeding, he said "I apologize for speeding officer, I was driving with my head up my ass. Sorry for not paying attention". The officer started hysterically laughing, and told him to watch his speed and go on his way.

Lucky for my uncle but I would never try it. I guess sometimes an officer needs a good laugh. :beer:

oldmodman

Established Member
Back in the 60's I got pulled over on my Motorcycle for speeding.

I told the officer that my throttle had stuck wide open and he caught me just as I decided to shut it off. Naturally he didn't believe me. So he said prove it.
I fired the bike up while standing next to it, still on the sidestand.
It revved to the redline. I let it sit there for a second screaming it's guts out. Then reached over and shut it off.

The officer said have a nice day and good luck with that bike. Got back in his car and drove off.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If somebody gets pulled over for speeding, for instance 15-20mph over the speed limit, are there any excuses that can help that driver to avoid a ticket or at least make it better? something like "I have a bowel problem and needed a restroom ASAP":- "I felt nauseated"
or 'I was on my way to a hospital" and I didn't realize that I was going so fast"

The bathroom or nauseated feeling means you should pull over, not go faster. If you are on your way to the hospital for an emergency you better go there because if the officer lets you off it is quite possible he will follow you.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
there is nothing you can do or say that will get you out of it. its all up to the officer who pulled you over.

just be polite, do not admit to anything, and see what happens. unless you are a police officer and produce a badge, or your the police chiefs son.. you will not get out of it with a magical excuse...

Please stop posting advice, you simply have no clue.

StaceySVT99

Established Member
Im new to SVT Performance but love this thread! As a woman lightning owner, I must say that I usually get out of tickets because of my blonde hair...but pushing your chest up, and unbuttoning your shirt always works for the ladies! Maybe a wink! Once, I got pulled over going 20 miles over the speed limit on the freeway, and the Florida State Police in Broward County where I used to live nailed me! Or at least they thought they did! I tried the breast pushing up, the unbuttoning, the lip gloss, the whole bit...and when the sherriff put the sniffer in my exhaust, he told me to rev it and said it sounded nice! Started asking me about what I had done to the truck, and was impressed that I knew so much and even helped do the work! At the end of the day, I guess he thought it was sexy that a "chick" knew so much about American muscle :) Follow suit girls! Guys, ohhh...youre screwed!

Users who are viewing this thread