Are there any believable excuses?

slider701

Established Member
I got pulled over in Michigan years ago when I worked for Ford and a few of us were going to a NASCAR tire test at Indy. The officer hit me with radar and I just pulled to the side of the road before he was even pulled out because I knew I was cooked........running well over a 100mph at 3 am. The conversation went something like this:

Officer - You know why I'm pulling you over......

Me - Yea........I was going way too ****ing fast............but it is 3am and there isn't anyone on the road

Officer - Where are you headed?

Me - We work for Ford and we're heading to the NASCAR tire test at Indy

Officer - Hum.......license and registration please. I think I'm going to give you a viscous verbal warning tonight........just let me check your license.

He came back several minutes later, handed me my license and asked if I could keep it under the speed limit until I got to Indiana. I said yes sir, and we were on my way.

To this day I still don't know why I didn't get thrown in jail that night. It could have been he just didn't feel like dealing with locking me up, maybe he was a NASCAR fan, or maybe I just stunned him with my brutal honesty. Either way I got the break of a lifetime..........and I kept my word of keeping it 55 for the next 30 miles until I got out of Michigan and into Indiana.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
"I was low on fuel and was trying to get to the gas station before I ran out."

-is always a good backup-

"I heard there was a speed trap around and wanted to get through here as quickly as I could."

-always works-

(OK, admittedly; I'm not any help...) :coolman:

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
He means your a moron for posting that you shouldn't admit anything... I guess you missed the life lesson that honesty is the best policy. :bored:

Exactly. Plus his ridiculous bs about being a cop and producing a badge or being the police chief's son. He needs to just STFU and not offer stupid advice.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Not an excuse per sé, but about 14 years ago my wife was let off with a warning speeding about 15-20 over. She was bawling her eyes out as she told the police officer that she just learned that her grandpa (whom she was very close to) just died. She wasn't lying either. She was just told to keep it slower, since two family disasters in one day might be too much.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
The bathroom or nauseated feeling means you should pull over, not go faster. If you are on your way to the hospital for an emergency you better go there because if the officer lets you off it is quite possible he will follow you.

Roger this! I have followed folks to emergency rooms for follow up.
I have had several folks lie and say their fathers were having heart attacks. I have and will follow up with these types of excuses! This is not something to lie about. I certainly will not hold anyone up IF it is a life or death situation.

TermNewb

Banned
Exactly. Plus his ridiculous bs about being a cop and producing a badge or being the police chief's son. He needs to just STFU and not offer stupid advice.

"Don't admit anything" - any lawyer worth a grain of salt will preach this all day.

"being a police officer" - been there done that. buddy of mine is a federal police officer, was driving while very drunk, state cop allowed him to sit on the side until his other cop buddy showed up and took him home - no tickets or anything. Another time we were driving along @ 80 something on the highway.. when the trooper got to the windows my friend did a badge flash.. trooper makes sure its legit.. then issues a warning slip. Cops look out for other cops...

"being the police chiefs son" - do I really have to elaborate on this??? common guys.

You have to remember SVTFan is a prosecutor and ex leo, so he hates it when people are informed about how to get out of crimes.

BAMM BAMM

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
"informed about how to get out of crimes"???? TermNewb - You really need to avoid this section. You offer nothing useful to these discussions. And picking a fight with FordSVTFan is not a good idea!

TermNewb

Banned
Roger this! I have followed folks to emergency rooms for follow up.
I have had several folks lie and say their fathers were having heart attacks. I have and will follow up with these types of excuses! This is not something to lie about. I certainly will not hold anyone up IF it is a life or death situation.

I'm glad to hear crime is so low in your area you have time to follow up on peoples stories so they can't get out of a ticket. I wish my area was that lucky.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
"Don't admit anything" - any lawyer worth a grain of salt will preach this all day.

"being a police officer" - been there done that. buddy of mine is a federal police officer, was driving while very drunk, state cop allowed him to sit on the side until his other cop buddy showed up and took him home - no tickets or anything. Another time we were driving along @ 80 something on the highway.. when the trooper got to the windows my friend did a badge flash.. trooper makes sure its legit.. then issues a warning slip. Cops look out for other cops...

"being the police chiefs son" - do I really have to elaborate on this??? common guys.

You have to remember SVTFan is a prosecutor and ex leo, so he hates it when people are informed about how to get out of crimes.

You are full of shit. You make up these stories, however, you have NO actual experience. You watch too much tv.

"informed about how to get out of crimes"???? TermNewb - You really need to avoid this section. You offer nothing useful to these discussions. And picking a fight with FordSVTFan is not a good idea!

Agreed.

TermNewb stay out the Donut Shop from this point forward.

txyaloo

Established Member
Yeah man, cops for sure don't bust their own!

Albany police spokesman in DWI bust - NYPOST.com

ALBANY -- Albany police have arrested their own spokesman on charges he was driving while intoxicated in an unmarked police car.

Public-information officer James Miller was driving with his headlights off at 9:25 p.m. Friday, police said.

He was charged with driving while intoxicated, refusal to submit to a sobriety test and driving without headlights.

Miller, who was suspended without pay, did not return calls for comment.

...dude was 3 months from retirement eligibility.

TermNewb

Banned
You are full of shit. You make up these stories, however, you have NO actual experience. You watch too much tv.

Agreed.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel any better. I didn't mean to cause you yet more distress.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

Agreed.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel any better. I didn't mean to cause you yet more distress.

You should take the advice given. Stay out of areas you are not welcome in.

Ban Ban Ban Ban.........:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread