MY BOSS 50 MOTOR BUILD / with updates

cobra=trouble

Established Member
HELP !.. **The Lower Pulley assy **with the 14 mm allen, you turn it clockwise to get it off right ?

it wont move either way..need to be sure!

ALSO.. i found my #6 exhast valve rocker off. the valve spring looks abit low too.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
HELP !.. **The Lower Pulley assy **with the 14 mm allen, you turn it clockwise to get it off right ?
it wont move either way..need to be sure!
ALSO.. i found my #6 exhast valve rocker off. the valve spring looks abit low too.

Don't know on the allen, though I always assume everything is counter clockwise to remove unless stated otherwise by the manual.

Post picks of the pistons, I have a photo collection of Terminated Terminator pistons.

Do you know why this engine failure occurred?

If it was detonation do you know why it detonated?

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Heat, sometimes it's the best answer. Not sure how close it is to the damper rubber though so be aware and careful of that.

Definitely want to put a tarp over that parts collection, and maybe turn the blower so the inlet is in the normal position and then the blower oil is too.

Once the spring is off that exhaust valve I would expect a fairly loose guide.
Hopefully that is why the follower chucked off and not because the top of the piston pulled off and hit the valve.

Is the I/C pump still functioning when jumped? The connectors are known for getting loose and corroded. Also the pumps are old and are failing a lot right now. A long hard pull to that speed with an intermittent or non-functioning I/C pump could do VERY bad things.

The forensics evaluation is actually the most important part of a rebuild. We absolutely must find and correct what ever hurt this engine in the first place, before we plug a new assembly back in.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Too late, but here it is anyway:

Aux%20Pulley.jpg

SlowSVT

Established Member
1334637.jpg

The second plug on the right. Is that from the cylinder that went bad? Looks like that one leaned out.

Users who are viewing this thread