Disappointed in my cars performance

96stangbottlfed

Established Member
Well run my car at the track for the 1st time yesterday...
1.8 60
12.3 at 113
115 was my highest mph all day....
My car has a stage 4 stegi blower, 2.93 upper and 6lb lower, made 512/529 on dyno...
I have seen my same setup go 127-130 mph...??
The night I got back from they dyno shop,the car broke a secondary cam gear,chain and tensioner...i had a buddy set the timing on it so I dunno if its right...Are these motors non tolerance or can they be out of time causing the lose in power? Or is my pulley setup to much boost(stock manifolds,basanni x pipe, flowmasters) so my gauge pegs out at 20lbs...the car also misses and runs rough on cold starts in the morning and sometimes after it sits for about 10 min? Im scratching my head on this one.......?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I went a 12.009 when I was bone stock.

Yeah you got something wrong in there. Perhaps more than one thing?

That is a ridiculous amount of boost for an Eaton.

Was this on some version of race gas?

Have you done any datalogs?

MAF mods?

Fuel Mods?

Checked the plugs?

You may be a candidate for a compression test or preferably a leak down test at this point also.:nonono:

03mgtermi

Established Member
put a jumper across the relay that controls the pump and make sure its moving the coolant. it should be very obvious movement.

mine was spitting coolant from the intercooler res and it turned out to be two crossed hoses when the previous owner installed the dual pass heat exchanger.

glad i checked it because previously i wasn't pumping any water at all.

davidbcasey

Established Member
Replace your IC pump...it isnt flowing like it should and the IATs are getting high causing the PCM to pull timing.

96stangbottlfed

Established Member
I just unplugged the pump and plugged it back in, I can feel it running and it pulled the coolant level diwn some, but it stays running the whole time and its not really bubbling in the res, gonna try burping it tomorrow...whats the easiest way to burp?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I'm thinking it would be difficult to put those hoses on backwards.
Who was in there changing stuff and didn't put a fresh pump on?

If the pump is original and it already puked fluid once, it is at least intermittently bad and that is not what you want.

That pump NEEDS TO BE STONE RELIABLE.

Users who are viewing this thread