Just blew my motor with the 2.9

mach1033

Established Member
Well I went and raced an 02 SS and bam knock knock knock. I nursed it home checked the oil and didnt see any metal shavings. Oil pressure was good but the start up was lazy. I'm getting my car towed up to my friends shop to get a compression and leak down test done. I havent decided how I'm gonna do the build if the motor really is toast. Maybe cams, better pistons :burnout:

cbr repsol

Established Member
omg its my fault for buying your 2.3. I hope thats not the case, also isnt that a new tousley motor as well??

mach1033

Established Member
Its a Ford motor but not from Tousley. Had a little fight with the wife but she calmed down. It was a good race though. He sprayed his 200 shot and we were dead even.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Shit happens it comes with this hobby. I will just build it stronger.:beer:

Damn sorry to hear, but that is the right attitude. Been through this twice with my car. Depends on what is actually wrong with your engine in which direction to take things with your rebuild. Best of luck to you.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Well I went and raced an 02 SS and bam knock knock knock. I nursed it home checked the oil and didnt see any metal shavings. Oil pressure was good but the start up was lazy. I'm getting my car towed up to my friends shop to get a compression and leak down test done. I havent decided how I'm gonna do the build if the motor really is toast. Maybe cams, better pistons :burnout:

I'm so sorry to hear about your trouble.
This hobby is so full of emotional highs and lows.
I was so excited to run at the NMRA in Bradenton but seriously disapointed when my tranny let loose on the second shake down pass.
This was after being down for 6 months.
Best of luck with the rebuild.
Please keep us updated with details.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
Sorry to hear man, im actually on my way to the machine shop right now to take my shit, hopefully it will be back up and running in a couple weeks. Good luck on your build

mach1033

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies guys. I will def keep you posted as the build progresses. Still praying that the TOB is spinning inside the bell housing but we shall see.

mach1033

Established Member
I thought you couldn't drive your car because you were running out of fuel?

The motor was tuned as to not have it go lean at the end of the run. Plus I didnt take it to 6500 I shifted at 6. This will give me the reason I need to upgrade the fuel system and then I can come on here and tell people what not to do lol.

mach1033

Established Member
I'm so sorry to hear about your trouble.
This hobby is so full of emotional highs and lows.
I was so excited to run at the NMRA in Bradenton but seriously disapointed when my tranny let loose on the second shake down pass.
This was after being down for 6 months.
Best of luck with the rebuild.
Please keep us updated with details.

I really wanted to check out your car down in Bradenton but all my friends backed out last minute and I didnt want to drive down there by myself. Hopefully next year will be different. So what did you grenade in your trans?

Users who are viewing this thread