Just blew my motor with the 2.9

Blueline

Established Member
Man that sucks. Well good luck bud Im sure your gonna build something niccceeeeee!

**EDIT** Oh and if you need a hand with anything let me know.... I love working on these things!!

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Pushing the factory pistons and bearings with a 2.9 :nono:

You do realize your engine was on "borrowed time" ? Something tells me you were just looking for an excuse to tell the wife you need to build a new motor or the expense of the 2.9 would be in vain. NICE :thumbsup:

Well at least your opponent took out his rear end in the process so I guess the race was a "draw".

A Boss 5.0 iron block would look real good under that whipple :mj:

Yeah my wife and I went at it last night in the garage with my friends there lol. I told her to get get her ass back in the house but that didnt fly to well with her lol. Anyway she called me at work today and said go and build it stronger and make sure you do it right this time. She gets no argument from me and I will follow her orders. :bowdown:

mach1033

Established Member
Man that sucks. Well good luck bud Im sure your gonna build something niccceeeeee!

**EDIT** Oh and if you need a hand with anything let me know.... I love working on these things!!

I just might hit you up with that thanks bro :beer:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
How many total miles are on your hurt engine and how many of those are with an aftermarket lower pulley setup?

mach1033

Established Member
How many total miles are on your hurt engine and how many of those are with an aftermarket lower pulley setup?

I had the lower pulley on since june of 09. I dont think the lower pulley caused my issue though but if it did I will post in here and say so.

GoatSlayer

Banned
Yeah my wife and I went at it last night in the garage with my friends there lol. I told her to get get her ass back in the house but that didnt fly to well with her lol. Anyway she called me at work today and said go and build it stronger and make sure you do it right this time. She gets no argument from me and I will follow her orders. :bowdown:

LMAO...At least you guys fight over it and you always come out on top. For me, i had to open an overseas bank account in Chile just for the cobra so as to keep the wife away and as to how much i am spending on the car. So far it has been working pretty good.

Good luck with what you decide to do next.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Pushing the factory pistons and bearings with a 2.9 :nono:

You do realize your engine was on "borrowed time" ? Something tells me you were just looking for an excuse to tell the wife you need to build a new motor or the expense of the 2.9 would be in vain. NICE :thumbsup:
BULLSHIATE!! I have a friend with a single turbo putting down 934RW on a Stock Longblock except for cams! And PLENTY of other Terminators with the stock Zollners reach BIG HP numbers.. Yeah their not the BEST Mac Daddy Slugs but numbers and longevity don't lie! For every one that blows there's MANY running strong...
Sorry about the bad luck OP, bring her back stronger than ever!:rockon:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Damn that sucks, you wouldn't of happened to be the one who was pushing like 21 pounds on 93 where you? I can't remember?

01-04Cobra

Established Member
BULLSHIATE!! I have a friend with a single turbo putting down 934RW on a Stock Longblock except for cams! And PLENTY of other Terminators with the stock Zollners reach BIG HP numbers.. Yeah their not the BEST Mac Daddy Slugs but numbers and longevity don't lie! For every one that blows there's MANY running strong...

And who could that be? Who's doing the tuning?

SlowSVT

Established Member

:bored:

Really! are you telling me your "friend" who is making 934 RWHP is running the factory hypereutectic pistons with the PWC set at .001 at that power level :kaboom: or did he remove them, hone for more clearance then re-install them? :dw: yet he saw fit to swap out the cams. Imagine the cylinder pressure those pistons are exposed to. Your "friend" is either very lucky or real stupid but most likely BOTH!

Yes, people do get away with doing risky things but for you to post here suggesting that it's OK to run factory pistons not only exposes your stupidity but could be putting others at risk. Would you put Zollners/Mahl pistons in your 934 RWHP (which equates to about 1100 FWHP) engine? :lol1: Imagine the sense of humor those slugs would have with the added strain of running a belt driven blower :eek:

I love these post about someone "having a friend who _________"(add comment here).

I can't count the number of the blown engines resulting from collapsed ringlands running factory pistons :nonono: I'll stick with my CP's

The more I read your posts giving "advice" the more I am convinced this forum would best be served by limiting your comments to: :shrug:

:smmon:

mach1033

Established Member
Damn that sucks, you wouldn't of happened to be the one who was pushing like 21 pounds on 93 where you? I can't remember?

Nah that would never be lol. I was running 23lbs on pump 93 and torco. I found a spot that sells 110 in 5 gallons drums near my house. I think I will go that route now. Also would anyone here know the answer to this question. I was told that instead of using torco in the 32oz can that I could dump 2 32oz cans of 110 in 10 gallons of 93 and the octane rating should go up to 100 does this sound right?

mach1033

Established Member
My car is going in the shop tonight and I should have a definite answer tomorrow afternoon.

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
:bored:

Really! are you telling me your "friend" who is making 934 RWHP is running the factory hypereutectic pistons with the PWC set at .001 at that power level :kaboom: or did he remove them, hone for more clearance then re-install them? :dw:

If you think the factory PTW clearance is .001, you are grossly mistaken.

KJ04SVT

Established Member
Well I went and raced an 02 SS and bam knock knock knock. I nursed it home checked the oil and didnt see any metal shavings. Oil pressure was good but the start up was lazy. I'm getting my car towed up to my friends shop to get a compression and leak down test done. I havent decided how I'm gonna do the build if the motor really is toast. Maybe cams, better pistons :burnout:

Ouch so sorry to hear!! Good luck with your new build..

Users who are viewing this thread