Just blew my motor with the 2.9

cobra=trouble

Established Member
sucks man, same boat here, im getting to old for this crap.
i got over 5200 in just my shortblock & revised set of heads nothing else.
still need more to complete..but tapped out of cash ! so i wait

hope its just a spun brg. and your heads are still good and you dont need a rebore.
crank grind and brgs +all gaskets is the cheapest> but my not be the smatest.
everybody wants more... !

SlowSVT

Established Member
Broken motors suck! :nonono::cryying::cuss:

I hope it's something minor and stupid. You did not mention anything about major engine knocking so hopefully it's minor. I have a feeling it's a bad piston or an exhaust valve.

What is the engine config?

cbr repsol

Established Member
If it is spun bearing....you better take it to wal-mart for a oil change. Slip the guy a couple of c notes to not put oil in it. Then the happy store can buy u a new motor. Sorry im union and i hate wal-mart so id do it to them.

SlowSVT

Established Member
If it is spun bearing....you better take it to wal-mart for a oil change. Slip the guy a couple of c notes to not put oil in it. Then the happy store can buy u a new motor. Sorry im union and i hate wal-mart so id do it to them.

:nonono:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Damn. another motor down. Seems like alot are going down in the last month.
Mines out too for the same reason.

mach1033

Established Member
Damn. another motor down. Seems like alot are going down in the last month.
Mines out too for the same reason.

I guess a lot of us got spring fever and pushed it to hard lol. On a side note the guy I raced last nite just texed me and said he blew his rear lol so he is down now

mach1033

Established Member
Broken motors suck! :nonono::cryying::cuss:

I hope it's something minor and stupid. You did not mention anything about major engine knocking so hopefully it's minor. I have a feeling it's a bad piston or an exhaust valve.

What is the engine config?

The engine itself is 100% stock. If it requires a complete rebuild then I am def going with some custom grind cams, head porting with better rods and pistons. I will not stroke it. I will also bring the boost down to 18 with the stock upper and I will install the stock lower and sell the 4lb I have now. Lets see what the wife says first lol.

mach1033

Established Member

They will hear that knock from a mile away lol. ;-)

SVTDice

Established Member
I guess a lot of us got spring fever and pushed it to hard lol. On a side note the guy I raced last nite just texed me and said he blew his rear lol so he is down now

Looks like you made a friend man, Hey maybe you two could Wrench togeather, You never know? Haha.

mach1033

Established Member
Looks like you made a friend man, Hey maybe you two could Wrench togeather, You never know? Haha.

In the beginning I had questions about him but after the race he followed me to my house and we shot the shit for a little bit. So even though he is a chevy guy he is ok in my book.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The engine itself is 100% stock. If it requires a complete rebuild then I am def going with some custom grind cams, head porting with better rods and pistons. I will not stroke it. I will also bring the boost down to 18 with the stock upper and I will install the stock lower and sell the 4lb I have now. Lets see what the wife says first lol.

Pushing the factory pistons and bearings with a 2.9 :nono:

You do realize your engine was on "borrowed time" ? Something tells me you were just looking for an excuse to tell the wife you need to build a new motor or the expense of the 2.9 would be in vain. NICE :thumbsup:

Well at least your opponent took out his rear end in the process so I guess the race was a "draw".

A Boss 5.0 iron block would look real good under that whipple :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread