Hey MACA ... I need volunteers!!!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Alright well here is the deal. I have been talking with Dwight about trying my hand at organizing the Terminator Shootout for 2010. What I need from the club members are some volunteers to help me organize this event. People to help round up sponsors for the event. People to help get the word out. People to organize t-shirt design and sales (if there is interest in this). Etc, Etc.

I have already been in touch with Jason Miller from MIR about perspective dates:

Apr 10, Sat, Speed Unlimited ET Series
May 1, Sat, Speed Unlimited ET Series
May 29, Sat, Speed Unlimited ET Series
Jul 3, Sat, Speed Unlimited ET Series
Aug 14, Sat, Speed Unlimited ET Series
Sept 4, Sat Speed Unlimited ET Series
Oct 23, Sat, Speed Unlimited ET Series

I know we try to run this event when it is cool out so we get some good times up on the board. But I also do not want to have the same as last year where we could have raced power boats rather than cars.

Lets use this thread for discussion about the Terminator shootout:

What do you think about the dates?
Are you willing to lend a hand to help put on this event that has attendance from all over the east coast and beyond?
Do you think its possible to get 50-60 cars out for this event (amount of cars needed to pay for the “track rental”?
Should we do t-shirts or not, and run the risk like Dwight, who still has shirts at his house from the last event?

In general just discuss what everyone’s impression is and what they would like to see out of the event.

For me I really enjoyed all of the drag racing events that we have put on as a club and I would like to see it continue. I think the rain last years event really hit the event hard when it was really going to start taking off with people traveling from Chicago, South Carolina, Massachusetts and beyond. So for an event of this caliber it is to big for us (MACA) to walk away from it.

Let me know!!

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
hey man i can help with anything, i will talk to JLP i know they have sponsored in the last event and i dont think it wouldnt be a problem for him again.

i also ways liked the shirt thing. Dwight in the passed has made some good ones for us so i think its a good idea to keep it going.

thanks for stepping up and trying to keep this event going . i think we can make it happen if we get the word out again and get more than 50 cars

04yellowcobra

Established Member
hey man i can help with anything, i will talk to JLP i know they have sponsored in the last event and i dont think it wouldnt be a problem for him again.

i also ways liked the shirt thing. Dwight in the passed has made some good ones for us so i think its a good idea to keep it going.

thanks for stepping up and trying to keep this event going . i think we can make it happen if we get the word out again and get more than 50 cars

Carlos, thanks man! And just like you I will want to be racing in the event as well. But I think we enough planning and delegation we can still race while others take care of a few things. Not looking to pass off the whole thing but just can't do it by myself.

Forgot to mention this will be the normal 8am-2PM rental.

thanks

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Good luck Jason. I'm sure you'll put together a great event.

I'd offer to help out but I'm stuck at a dealership every Saturday.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
i am willing to do what i can. most dates are fine with me. I plan on attending but most likely i wont race.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
The may dates are iffy for me because of baby, but I should be ok with the others. I don't care if I'm running 15's, I'll race.

I'll also be glad to lend a hand where I can, however, I've got my hands full at the moment with all kinds of stuff so I'm not sure how much use I can be. Let me know what you want help with, and I'll see what I can do.

If you REALLY want this event to go off, and it's looking like attendance will be a problem, we can always combine it with an index event or whatever like we were looking to do last year. I'd recommend against that if you can help it though, as it really complicates planning out the day.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
o.k Jason JLP will be sponsoring, i just talked to Sue and they said they would be glad to. we just need to figure out a date

951MystiCobra

Cobraless and Lurking.
Established Member
The may dates are iffy for me because of baby, but I should be ok with the others. I don't care if I'm running 15's, I'll race.

Not trying to hijack, but WTF, did I miss something?!?! :shrug:

On topic, I'd be willing to help too. And I'd be racing. Or, attempting to. :coolman:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Not trying to hijack, but WTF, did I miss something?!?! :shrug:

On topic, I'd be willing to help too. And I'd be racing. Or, attempting to. :coolman:

LOL, probably. Marisa and I are expecting our first little mechanic's helper in May. Fear for your life...flee while you can.:pepper:

TRBO VNM

don't have a lot of time to think about it tonight and didn't read the whole thread, but I can be a sponsor. And obviously host a party after.

qwikhuh

Established Member
SVT Snake is having their event on Friday April 30th so May 1st might not be the best date.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Ok cool guys and gals!! I think we should concentrate more on what dates and class arrangement so that way when we go out to get sponsors we can speak intelligently about the event.

Here is a brainstorm I had this morning:

Run what you brung type of event all heads up racing with the following classes:
03/04 cobra stock supercharger class no nitrous
03/04 cobra outlaw class (anything goes)
93-01 cobra N/A class
93-01 cobra with single power adder (meth or alky not considered power adder)

So this makes it more like a Cobra shootout rather than a termi shootout ... thoughts?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Jason I'd at a bracket class as well just so that we can all race one another. Especially since there will be lots of folks with 03/04's that won't be able to compete in either the stock s/c class, or the outlaw class. My current setup would have me running outlaw, but there is absolutely no way I'd be competitive there. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Besides, with a bracket class it gives me a chance to run Pickle.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Jason I'd at a bracket class as well just so that we can all race one another. Especially since there will be lots of folks with 03/04's that won't be able to compete in either the stock s/c class, or the outlaw class. My current setup would have me running outlaw, but there is absolutely no way I'd be competitive there. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Besides, with a bracket class it gives me a chance to run Pickle.

Ok sounds good!

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
May 29th sounds like a good date. its a memorial day weekend and people who travel will have monday off which may bring in more people..just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread