Focus RS Brakes on the Cobra

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
~~ 1/1/2007 FYI. These are back and available at BuyFordRacing.com. They are $699 now, and include pads and HW. In case anyone is interested...

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/p...F0AD0663AB75720BDF8C9BF24DFD7&products_id=621

After reading posts by several folks that this should work, I took a chance and ordered them. They work great. Basically a Cobra R caliper in silver for $600. My car only has 2000 miles on it so the rotors were fine and I had just put stainless lines on it.

Just mounted the caliper:
DSC00051%20(Medium).JPG

Installed:
DSC00054%20(Medium).JPG

Took it out to bed the pads and it stops great! Looks kind of low key too. :coolman:

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1svtfan said:
After reading posts by several folks that this should work, I took a chance and ordered them. They work great. Basically a Cobra R caliper in silver for $600. My car only has 2000 miles on it so the rotors were fine and I had just put stainless lines on it.

Just mounted the caliper:
DSC00051%20(Medium).JPG

Installed:
DSC00054%20(Medium).JPG

Took it out to bed the pads and it stops great! Looks kind of low key too. :coolman:
What banjo bolts did you use? I have been trying to get an answer out of SpeedConcepts but nothing yet?

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
DaleM said:
What banjo bolts did you use? I have been trying to get an answer out of SpeedConcepts but nothing yet?

M10x1.0 by 29mm or also refered to as M10x1.0 Long

Bought them from XRP, part number 494413.

About $20 shipped.

Steve

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
DaleM said:
Where did you get them from?

Got them from Steve on this board at Tousley Ford. Cost plus 10% made them about $620 to my door.

He's a great guy, with great service. I should note that they bolt right up with the factory HW, and take about 30 minutes to install.

My package from Ford Motorsport was missing the pads and caliper HW, so it cost me $60 from Brembo around the corner for the (4) pins and pad shims, and LargeOrangeFont supplied the pads.

Steve is looking into in now. Ford may have quit including them with the "sudden increase" in purchases of this kit. :shrug:

IF you only get the calipers you need the following:

2 banjo bolts and washers part number 494413
2 brembo anti rattle springs part number 20.4196.71
4 brembo brake guide pins part number 20.5116.24
FMS Brake pads part number M-2001-X

What makes this a deal is the pads and HW, and reusing your rotors and lines. If you have to buy the hw and pads, you might as well buy the Cobra R kit for ~$895 from Summit. I had pads, and wanted silver calipers... Steve is looking into why mine shipped missing HW and pads. I'll post as soon as I get an answer.

Last edited:

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
so they bolt directly on?

I need new brakes next month....

Literaly. Same (2) stock bolts. The factory rubber hoses probably would have worked even, but I already had stainless.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1svtfan said:
Literaly. Same (2) stock bolts. The factory rubber hoses probably would have worked even, but I already had stainless.
So my Russell Lines should work. Can you have Steve contact me or send me his contact info?

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1svtfan said:
Yep, thats what I have.

Here is the link to Steve's post in Terminator Talk.
Steve at Tousley Ford
Thanks i PM'd him.
So to make sure I get everything in one shot what do I need to order?
1. calipers
2. banjo bolts
3. pads
4. pins

Users who are viewing this thread