Focus RS Brakes on the Cobra

UCBeau

well i just talked to Dale, sounds like Ford & Brembo are trying to figure out why the kits don't come with pads and mounting hardare. I'm gonna wait till august or so before looking into this again, hopefully by then the pads will be included.

now back to getting my motor/blower/etc installed

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
well i just talked to Dale, sounds like Ford & Brembo are trying to figure out why the kits don't come with pads and mounting hardare. I'm gonna wait till august or so before looking into this again, hopefully by then the pads will be included.

:lol: Ford AND Brembo are trying to figure out what happened? I think it is pretty obvious.

I have heard that the focus version came with a different pad and hardware -go figure. It should still work without issue, but just food for thought.

Ashley

UCBeau

i'm just posting what dale told me, he got a PM back from the FORDSVTPARTS guy on here about the situation.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:

Yep. Myself and 2 others got the kits minus pads and HW. They previously shipped with pads and HW making it a direct bolt on (other than banjo's).

Brembo ships them direct in Ford boxes. The Ford site still states they come with pads and HW. (3) kits didn't. :shrug:

My guess is niether Ford nor Brembo will give Steve an answer. The next shippment of kit that comes in will tell the tale.........

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
They should come with the pads. If you need them I would suggest ordering them from Steve @ Tousley along with the calipers. Yes they reused the OEM rotors.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
SnkBtn99 said:
Hmmm ... we are talking 4 piston ...right ...

Yep. They have been great so far. Steve sent me the HW and pads that were missing from my box so the original number of $609 still stands. Its a great kit if you don't need rotors and have steel lines already.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
did we ever figure out what happened as far as the hardware being not included in the kit?

Everyone that didnt get the hardware and pads has now recieved the hardware and pads from Steve at no extra cost.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
anaxagoras said:
so how exactly do these calipers differ than what's stock on my 99 cobra?

These are a 4 piston brembo calipers. Stock Cobra calipers are 2 piston PBR models. You can reuse your OEM rotors if they are in good condition, but you will need to turn them because these calipers use the entire firepath of the rotor.

You may also need to upgrade wheels. The only Ford wheels that work are as follows:

03\04 Cobra 17X9
03 anniversary 17X9
00R 18X9.5
FR500 18X9
95R 17X9

I have heard rumors that the 98 Cobra 17X8 wheels MAY fit, but I have not found confirmation of this.

Aftermarket wheels will be a crapshoot. Some will work and some won't. It is going to come down to the profile of the back of the spokes to determine fitment.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
LargeOrangeFont said:
These are a 4 piston brembo calipers. Stock Cobra calipers are 2 piston PBR models. You can reuse your OEM rotors if they are in good condition, but you will need to turn them because these calipers use the entire firepath of the rotor.

You may also need to upgrade wheels. The only Ford wheels that work are as follows:

03\04 Cobra 17X9
03 anniversary 17X9
00R 18X9.5
FR500 18X9
95R 17X9

I have heard rumors that the 98 Cobra 17X8 wheels MAY fit, but I have not found confirmation of this.

Aftermarket wheels will be a crapshoot. Some will work and some won't. It is going to come down to the profile of the back of the spokes to determine fitment.
How are they holding out? Any issues with the master cylinder?

Users who are viewing this thread