Project: Budget NotchBack~!

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
1992 Notch-Back. Auto, power everything even the seats.

Pics were taken with my camera phone, sorry

Well I just picked this up today as a project car. The car runs great with only 120,xxx miles. Tires are good and the tranny shifts perfect. South Carolina Car so no rust. Interior is pretty much mint, even the ashtray still works, believe it or not.

I stole the car, only $2,200. It was a daily driver, completely un-modded right down to the air silencer in the air box. But it does have some aweful exhaust tips on it which will be replaced later on.

I don't plan to drive the car right away, maybe I'll have it ready for next summer.

PLANS:

Mini tub (not needed) and 5 lug conversion.

2.5" raised hood.

18x9 and 18x 10 Bullet wheels. Like these~!
Thanks Venomous99 for the pic.
13ul2.jpg

I pretty much want the car to look just like the one pictured~!

Gears, either 355 or 373's (leaning more towards the 373's cause it's an automatic.)

Then either put the squeeze on it or SC it.

Last but not least, drive the piss out of til the wheels fall off........:D

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Damn man that was a steal. Have fun with it. I want a notch real bad. I am in the process of trying to find someone with a notch to trade me for my coupe.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
What are your plans for the car? Do you want just something to look good in while driving around town or do you want a weekend track car?

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
fiveo'cobra said:
What are your plans for the car? Do you want just something to look good in while driving around town or do you want a weekend track car?

Bel-Dooch said:
PLANS:

Mini tub (not needed) and 5 lug conversion.

2.5" raised hood.

18x9 and 18x 10 Bullet wheels. Like these~!
Thanks Venomous99 for the pic.
13ul2.jpg

I pretty much want the car to look just like the one pictured~!

Gears, either 355 or 373's (leaning more towards the 373's cause it's an automatic.)

Then either put the squeeze on it or SC it.

Last but not least, drive the piss out of til the wheels fall off........:D

Just something to beat around in on the weekends that relatively quick and looks great. I have my 1990 for the track.

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
white98snake said:
why would u mini tub and put 18's on it?
nice notch but if u mini tub then go with a 30inx13.5 et drag on a prostar

I know that I don't "need" to mini tub for the 18's but I'm trying to think for the long haul. I noted "not needed" beside mini tub in my orig post, I'mj ust thinking that one day I may need the extra room.

This is the forth mustang I have built and each and everyone of them I have said "this is going to remain a true street car" but low and behold a few months down the road It's a trailer queen. So I figured when I have the rear out putting upper/lowers and gears on it I might as well mini tub is just incase I need it.

Ever notice how these things become money pits even when you tell yourself not to? LOL

John and Renae

Established Member
Looks like a good car to start your project.

I think the aod is a great place to start. There are some really good aod builders out there to make that tranny solid.

Good luck with it...

venomous99

Established Member
here are some pics to inspire u to go with the bullits. ill be lowering my car more with some sportlines rather than the h&r ss that are on the car now.
dscn05446pb.jpg

dscn05469pj.jpg

dscn05480ek.jpg

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Why are you lowering with the Eibach's instead of what you have? Seems like the H+R's lower a bit more in the back that the Eibachs, at least from my experience. And, what size tips are those on that fox?

By the way, beautiful Fobras, guys!

Last edited:

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
3 double vodka and redbulls later, I gave the new baby a bath:

image0019to.jpg

BTW Venomous99 you suck~! I could only wish my car comes out half as nice as yours~!

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Congrats, I just picked up a Notch myself. It is an 87 with 64K original miles, bone stock. Here is a pic.

Here is my last Notch, a 92. It was completely built with a custom Ice Pearl Paint and V1-S Trim.

venomous99

Established Member
bat-stang said:
Why are you lowering with the Eibach's instead of what you have? Seems like the H+R's lower a bit more in the back that the Eibachs, at least from my experience. And, what size tips are those on that fox?

By the way, beautiful Fobras, guys!

from my experience the eibach sportlines lower the most. i was hoping to get a bit more of a slammed look with the h&r ss especially with the larger 18" wheels but the current stance is just not doing it for me. my 94 cobra has sportlines and the drop is just right.
the 92 has a mac catback with 3.5" SS rolled slanted tips...yes rolled tips on a fox and believe it or not, it looks pretty good.

venomous99

Established Member
Bel-Dooch said:
3 double vodka and redbulls later, I gave the new baby a bath:

image0019to.jpg

BTW Venomous99 you suck~! I could only wish my car comes out half as nice as yours~!

looks good..now its time to start researching your 5lug conversion kit. make sure u go with stock length fox axles if you plan on going with 10s in the rear. pm if u want more details on the brake setup.

RioRed4v

Established Member
venomous99 said:
here are some pics to inspire u to go with the bullits. ill be lowering my car more with some sportlines rather than the h&r ss that are on the car now.
]

was your car originally sporting fr500's before it was painted white? if so, i think i remember using your car as my guidelines for my 18x9/18x10 setup.

venomous99

Established Member
jackers said:
Congrats, I just picked up a Notch myself. It is an 87 with 64K original miles, bone stock. Here is a pic.

Here is my last Notch, a 92. It was completely built with a custom Ice Pearl Paint and V1-S Trim.

bad ass notch. what pearl did u go with? blue?

Users who are viewing this thread