Project: Budget NotchBack~!

6SpeedLover

Established Member
jackers said:
Congrats, I just picked up a Notch myself. It is an 87 with 64K original miles, bone stock. Here is a pic.

Here is my last Notch, a 92. It was completely built with a custom Ice Pearl Paint and V1-S Trim.

I remember you, and yes im still JELIOUS :bowdown:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Yes, it was a blue ice pearl. Unless the sun was right on it it just looked super white. Now at night on the other hand, the ice pearl really came to life.

As for the springs, my car had the Eibach Sportlines on there. Definately the best spring setup IMO for a fox body.

venomous99

Established Member
RioRed4v said:
was your car originally sporting fr500's before it was painted white? if so, i think i remember using your car as my guidelines for my 18x9/18x10 setup.

yes, the fox sported the fr500s which you see pictured in my signature on the 94 cobra. i ditched the fr500s altogether and went with classic saleens on the 94 to match the rest of the car...the fr500s look better on an sn95 or newer, imo. one thing i didnt like much about the fr500s is the rear lip isnt much compared to the bullits.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like a hell of a lot of fun. I'd like to pick one up and throw an iron Dart 331 in with a big turbo. Nice project. :beer:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
I remember you, and yes im still JELIOUS :bowdown:

Thanks man, I miss that car everyday.

Venomous, what hood is that? It looks tits. Your car is beautiful man.

RioRed4v

Established Member
venomous99 said:
yes, the fox sported the fr500s which you see pictured in my signature on the 94 cobra. i ditched the fr500s altogether and went with classic saleens on the 94 to match the rest of the car...the fr500s look better on an sn95 or newer, imo. one thing i didnt like much about the fr500s is the rear lip isnt much compared to the bullits.

yea, thats the one thing i dont like about them as well. because of your car, i actually picked up a set of anthracite 18x10 fr500's, but found a killer deal on some saleens, so sold those and went with saleens.

car looks great though man.

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
venomous99 said:
looks good..now its time to start researching your 5lug conversion kit. make sure u go with stock length fox axles if you plan on going with 10s in the rear. pm if u want more details on the brake setup.

Already have, I'm going with stock 85-89 Astrostar/ranger axles just because I have a friend that owns a NAPA autoparts store and can get them at cost. He's also getting me the rotors from an SVO, all at cost~!

This is what I found onthe interweb about 5 lug convresions:

Interweb said:
"Mustang 5 lug conversion:

lug conversion:

It seems everyone is going to 5 lug rotors and axles,
and for a good reason. The wheel choice is much better.
What do you need to do that? For an 87-93 Mustang with 11" brakes,
not much.A set of 86 SVO rotors for the front,
and a pair of drivers side axles out of an 85-89 Ranger,
with the 5 lug drums off of the same.
The rotors are identical to the stock 11" four lug rotors in every way except the lug count.
Similarly, the ranger axles are the same as stock, except the lug count."

Last edited:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Bel-Dooch, where are you from in NC? I used to live down there on the coast and still have a ton of friends down there who truely love the fox bodies.

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
jackers said:
Bel-Dooch, where are you from in NC? I used to live down there on the coast and still have a ton of friends down there who truely love the fox bodies.

I live in Clinton, about an hour from Wilminton, an hour from Raleigh, and about 35 mintues from Fayetteville.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Cool, I was in Havelock right outside the Marine Base. It was about 15 minutes west of Morehead City and 15 minutes east of New Bern.

If you ever need help working on that thing just let me know, those guys down there are awsome people who love helping other guys out. They are super smart too!!

Once again, congrats on an awsome find. Now you just have to decide what direction you want to go with seeing as how you have a perfectly clean stock base to work with.

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
jackers said:
Cool, I was in Havelock right outside the Marine Base. It was about 15 minutes west of Morehead City and 15 minutes east of New Bern.

If you ever need help working on that thing just let me know, those guys down there are awsome people who love helping other guys out. They are super smart too!!

Once again, congrats on an awsome find. Now you just have to decide what direction you want to go with seeing as how you have a perfectly clean stock base to work with.

Seeing how this is the forth Stang I've "built" to be a street car(turned trailer queen) I don't think I'll need any help, but appreciate the offer~!

venomous99

Established Member
Bel-Dooch said:
Already have, I'm going with stock 85-89 Astrostar/ranger axles just because I have a friend that owns a NAPA autoparts store and can get them at cost. He's also getting me the rotors from an SVO, all at cost~!

This is what I found onthe interweb about 5 lug convresions:

if the svo are the same as the mark7 setup u may want to check if the bullit cap will fit over the dust cap. i went with all sn95 parts so i can pretty much fit any wheel i want.

venomous99

Established Member
RioRed4v said:
yea, thats the one thing i dont like about them as well. because of your car, i actually picked up a set of anthracite 18x10 fr500's, but found a killer deal on some saleens, so sold those and went with saleens.

car looks great though man.

i remember u having either an sn95 or newer. ive had every model after the fox and must say nothign beats ease or modifying/fixing of the fox.

venomous99

Established Member
jackers said:
Thanks man, I miss that car everyday.

Venomous, what hood is that? It looks tits. Your car is beautiful man.

sorry to hijack this thread...
the hood is a subtle 1.5" cowl from cervinis.

RioRed4v

Established Member
venomous99 said:
i remember u having either an sn95 or newer. ive had every model after the fox and must say nothign beats ease or modifying/fixing of the fox.

yup.. used to have a red 99 cobra. sorry to hi-jack guys.. quick pic

i agree though.. nothing beats modding a fox. nice and easy, and a whole hell of a lot cheaper than my old cobra. and it sounds like we've been in the same shoes. i've had every model after a fox as well..lol

Users who are viewing this thread