1989 Texas Highway Patrol SSP Mustang

flattrack53

Established Member
I bought this car a few months ago and have not had time to post any pictures, so enjoy. BTW: On the door I have a piece of electrical tape covering up the words "Highway Patrol"

P1000878.jpg

P1000885.jpg

P1000886.jpg

P1000887.jpg

P1000888.jpg

P1000889.jpg

P1000890.jpg

P1000891.jpg

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
i was going to say thatd be a sick car to do some major performance stuff. "cant run from the 5.0"!

But that thing is way to clean to mod....or the perfect platform. what are your plans?

flattrack53

Established Member
i was going to say thatd be a sick car to do some major performance stuff. "cant run from the 5.0"!

But that thing is way to clean to mod....or the perfect platform. what are your plans?

All of my buddies want me to put a cage in it and build a nice heads and cam motor but it is nice having an all stock car you can just hop in and cruise. The car is almost to nice to drive. Most of the brackets/headers/wheels and some other stuff are all powdercoated. All of the suspention and interior was out of a 30k mile ssp car. The doors close like they should. No rust! But who knows....Maybe one day I might get an itch. After all, it is only a 5.0 ;-)

JJs89lx

In the making.....
Established Member
I used to have one of those.... Except mine was painted over and stripped of the good stuff. Made a fun first car though... Sold it this past year and my daily for my new car. Yours is a lot cleaner than mine. Only thing different was my trunk release was on the left side of the column and not the right.

flattrack53

Established Member
I used to have one of those.... Except mine was painted over and stripped of the good stuff. Made a fun first car though... Sold it this past year and my daily for my new car. Yours is a lot cleaner than mine. Only thing different was my trunk release was on the left side of the column and not the right.

Yeah, my uncle had a florida state trooper car he turned into a roadrace car. I remember going for a ride in it at summit point when I was younger and ever since then I wanted one. I knew I wanted a 2-tone and I was never really a fan of the lightbar so when I found this flattop car, I was all for it. Also having lights on the roof took 7mph off the top speed :burnout:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
how does the spotlight on the driver door mount? i've always wondered. are they universal..like u could mount them on any door?

MY-VETTE

Sports Car Junkie!
Established Member
Sweet ride! Did you get that off Ebay by any chance? I thought I saw one on there just like this car.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
The car is nice, but we need some more pics of the bad a$$ tow rig! :thumbsup:

Diesel and 6-spd?

flattrack53

Established Member
Sweet ride! Did you get that off Ebay by any chance? I thought I saw one on there just like this car.

Yes, I traded a guy my 1988 saleen plus cash.

The car is nice, but we need some more pics of the bad a$$ tow rig! :thumbsup:

Diesel and 6-spd?

its a 2001 ram3500 with every bolt on and billet trans...Still has stock turbo. It has 19.5" alcoas on it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread