1989 Texas Highway Patrol SSP Mustang

BigDan

Established Member
Nice find. Did you find it n ssp.com?

I wish I could afford a nice SSP. There was a really nice blue USPS one in San Diego 6 months ago for $5k. I wish I had the money at the time.

I think a cage and bolt on's would be compliment it well.

flattrack53

Established Member
Enjoy it, and be careful and if you decide to ever sell it in the future don't forget to send me a message.

Ok, I tried sending you a private message on here but it wont allow me due to your post. Can you email me at [email protected]... Just wondering if you have any photos of the car? I have no plans of selling it unless I come across a 1993 cobra r.

1988Bullitt did an awesome job with that car, I saw the before,during, and after pics of it.

Do you still have pics of it? I would like to have them. Sending you a message as well

Last edited:

flattrack53

Established Member
Nice find. Did you find it n ssp.com?

I wish I could afford a nice SSP. There was a really nice blue USPS one in San Diego 6 months ago for $5k. I wish I had the money at the time.

I think a cage and bolt on's would be compliment it well.

Thats cool...I did a partial trade on my 1988 saleen. Yeah, I am not modding the car. Thats why there are cheap notches out there! It is nice having a stock notch

Last edited:

1988Bullitt

Established Member
Ok, I tried sending you a private message on here but it wont allow me due to your post. Can you email me at [email protected]... Just wondering if you have any photos of the car? I have no plans of selling it unless I come across a 1993 cobra r.

Do you still have pics of it? I would like to have them. Sending you a message as well

Here are a few, I will send you more info through a PM.

Below is what the car looked like when I picked it up as a roller in Michigan in 2005. It has a pretty bad black and white re-spray the had some serious orange peel and was flaking off due to bad prep. Texas DPS had painted this car blue before they sold it at auction.

SSPteardown.jpg

The interior was a gobbled mess of spray painted and mis-matched pieces, and the wiring was a disaster:

interior5.jpg

interior4.jpg

interior3.jpg

The car sat for about a year before I had a chance to restore it, here is the teardown:

Sanding3.jpg

Sanded.jpg

EngineBay.jpg

Primed.jpg

EngineInstall.jpg

Paint:

Roofpaint.jpg

Afterpaint.jpg

moldings.jpg

Equipment install:

Trunk1.jpg

100_5463.jpg

Completed (keep in mind the owner after me took this car from presentable to MCA gold) so if you think it looks good here, you have to see it in person now. Since these pictures were taken the car has been completely re-sprayed with the correct white (the fleet color had a little tint of yellow, I made the mistake of painting it the standard white off the bucktag), new 30k mile donor car interior, new wheels / tires, permanently marked, all new carlite glass, etc, etc. The equipment in this car is also all correct and was very hard to find.

Reclaim2.jpg

Reclaim5.jpg

Reclaim1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:

SparkSVT

Established Member
Enjoy it, and be careful and if you decide to ever sell it in the future don't forget to send me a message.

It would be really nice for this car to end up back in your hands Aaron. It was the first one you did and has sentimental value. I hope the car comes home.

flattrack53

Established Member

Wow.. The internet really is a useful tool. I would of never known how much work really went into restoring this car. I can tell you between my dad and I, this car is in a great collection. Once I get a email from you, I will send you more photos!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
You will have to bring this to the mustang show in OCMD. Usually falls on a Saturday. Someone needs to beat out that woman with the GA State police car.

flattrack53

Established Member
You will have to bring this to the mustang show in OCMD. Usually falls on a Saturday. Someone needs to beat out that woman with the GA State police car.

Haha, I have never talked to her before but I have looked at her car up at Lowes in belair. that car is really clean! Plus she has the donut box on the passenger seat! :beer:

flattrack53

Established Member
Awww, the circle of life! :lol1: [j/k]

Scott, I'll stay in touch with you as the weather improves. Hopefully we can connect at the OCMD show. If not, there's always Cecil County Dragway...

Haha, yeah I took off the whole weekend for OC! I will be there. Plus our new place should be finished down there :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread