Encounter with a cop caught on tape

mr2cam

Established Member
I have an old friend from highschool that works for Aerospace down in South Bay California, he also is apart of a group called South Bay Open Carry, which is basically a group of people that do open carry in public but also hand out literature about open carrying and teaching them that it is perfectly normal for people to open carry and for them to not be criminals.

Videos Posted by South Bay Open Carry: E-Check at Redondo Galleria Shopping Center [HQ] | Facebook

There is the video, for more info on the incident you can visit www.southbayopencarry.org

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
ha notice how both cops stopped what they were going to say after they asked if the camera was recording.

mr2cam

Established Member
so you can carry but the gun has to be unloaded? kind of defeats the purpose.

In CA that is the law, I do believe you can carry a clip in your pocket, but the gun must remain unloaded while carrying it, but I could be wrong.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I think the old man LEO did a good job. If he didn't know or remember the answer he tried to get the answer or in 1 case he took their word since they seemed to know. He didn't argue.

So they are pissed about being detained?
Sorry but if the LEO's get a call from the mall about people carrying weapons do you expect them to NOT check it out.

To me your friends were being asses trying to get the LEOs to do something wrong.
Their whole article is one sided and they seem like extreemist.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for open or concealed carry but if my wife and kids were shopping at that mall and she saw men open carrying I don't mind the police checking the situation out.

And if I'm the one carrying I expect them to check me out and don't mind one bit.

I understand laws protect your carry ability but they also protect concerned people and business.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
your friend is an idot and does not hide his real agenda very well. seems to me like he was looking for a fight and is pissed that he didn't get one. Frankly I have no problems with open carry, but it is the LEO's JOB to see to it that the open carry law is followed to the letter. I don't give a shit if he is pissed that he got stopped. had the mall called and the cops did nothing and your friend then shot someone you would be crying that they didn't do their job.

you can't have it both ways sport. open carry with the occasional stop to be checked out or leave your ****ing gun at home. either way you will get no sympathy or support from me for your friends stupid.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for open or concealed carry but if my wife and kids were shopping at that mall and she saw men open carrying I don't mind the police checking the situation out.

And if I'm the one carrying I expect them to check me out and don't mind one bit.

I understand laws protect your carry ability but they also protect concerned people and business.

QFT. Being from the S.Bay myself, I'm surprised his friends weren't greeted with 20+ squad cars and many more weapons drawn. BTW I think the officer's conduct was exemplary. :beer:

Last edited:

ATFPat

Established Member
I could only watch the few seconds where the police officer asks your buddy for identification and your friend says "no you may not". Right there it seemed that your buddy was starting to be arrogant. If your carrying in the publics eye and get stopped what's the big deal with showing identification? Your there to educate people? Or to record getting stopped and posting it on the Internet?

Last edited:

Lockdown

Established Member
That was a awesome check from the cops. Everybody were on the same page. He checked the guns, done deal. Good job both sides.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I'm glad he opted to check it, since it is within his power to do so, but I am also glad that people are out demonstrating their right to carry and doing so legally. Although the carriers seemed like they wanted to catch some cops and make an internet example out of them; both officers remained professional and performed their duties as they should. Although I think he should brush up on his training since he did supposedly give it.

just curious, but can you really choose not to identify yourself when confronted on the streets like that? I mean you essentially must during a traffic stop but not in a situation as above?

Last edited:

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Im sure they are allowed to carry a mag with them just not allowed to have a round in the chamber.
I love AZ, no problems at all when open or conceal carrying. LEO never looks at you twice. people don't get all butt hurt.

97cobra1

Established Member
Sorry, your friends a toolbag. I don't open carry, but have numerous friends that do. Across the u.s. and in tn so it's apples to oranges... Butyour friend still presents himself and a high and mighty prick for the cause.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
There is a way to express your freedom and rights, but you don't need to be an ass to someone who is willing to work with you about it. I think the people recording this were being a bunch of smug instigators and they look for confrontations like this just to try and make people look stupid instead of educating them in a meaningful manner.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I think the old man LEO did a good job. If he didn't know or remember the answer he tried to get the answer or in 1 case he took their word since they seemed to know. He didn't argue.

So they are pissed about being detained?
Sorry but if the LEO's get a call from the mall about people carrying weapons do you expect them to NOT check it out.

To me your friends were being asses trying to get the LEOs to do something wrong.
Their whole article is one sided and they seem like extreemist.

bingo :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread