Encounter with a cop caught on tape

CSTANG

Established Member
2nd Amendment.....THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS Im sure people have been stripped of their rights and the law makers and the liberals could have it their way "WE THE PEOPLE" would not have the right to bear arms.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
The police are trained to investigate any suspcious activity, a bunch of people at a mall CARRYING GUNS is suspicious. I can see it's legal but faulting the police for just trying to make sure everthing is okay is stupid. People jump on cops for steping on people's gun rights until someone gets shot, then it's "where are the police to prevent this?!" I am 100% for fair and legal gun rights but some people, I've noticed, just want to carry a gun just because. These guys are stupid if they think that police asking questions about people carrying guns infringes in their rights. Just answer the questions, and if everything is legal then the cops will continue on their way. When people start dishing out some asshole attitude the cops will dish attitude right back.

These guys are only out to cause trouble, why else would they be doing all this with a camera in hand? Thanks for attempting to set back all the positive conceal/carry laws back a bit. Idiots.

-Mike

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Both officers did a GREAT job and were complete gentlemen in the situation. It was obvious the two guys wanted an argument and were trying to seem superior to the officers by lecturing them.

Anyone else think the guy holding the camera sounded like a chick, or a dude who's balls hadn't dropped?

Oh, also, if they were in Long Beach and ran into trouble....I sure hope that they can load those guns within a split second or they're screwed

BIG TIME!! Pretty sure those guys only carry to deter gay bashers from roughing them up.......

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Because standing up for second amendment rights is a bad thing (even if he was a prick about it). :rollseyes

i said nothing bad about the 2nd Amendment, how the dumbass handled himself was wrong. Show the ****ing cop your ID because the LEO WAS DOING HIS JOB! Dont be a **** and say no i dont have too. He is no better than the rest of the pansy liberals in this country.

SVT03DAL

Established Member
I think the old man LEO did a good job. If he didn't know or remember the answer he tried to get the answer or in 1 case he took their word since they seemed to know. He didn't argue.

So they are pissed about being detained?
Sorry but if the LEO's get a call from the mall about people carrying weapons do you expect them to NOT check it out.

To me your friends were being asses trying to get the LEOs to do something wrong.
Their whole article is one sided and they seem like extreemist.

I agree 110% with these statements. Meanwhile, some old lady had her purse stolen from some crook because the cops were too busy wasting time with these a$$ hats.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
i said nothing bad about the 2nd Amendment, how the dumbass handled himself was wrong. Show the ****ing cop your ID because the LEO WAS DOING HIS JOB! Dont be a **** and say no i dont have too. He is no better than the rest of the pansy liberals in this country.

He was exercising another right by not showing his ID.

04cobra13

Established Member
CA laws of carrying a firearm blow. So you can have your weapon but the clip must be either locked in trunk or in the dash.. So if your in a life or death situation and have your weapon, your going to ask for everything to stop so you can go unlock the trunk,unlock the lock to the weapons box,then still have to load rounds in the clip ect... smh.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
your friend is an idot and does not hide his real agenda very well. seems to me like he was looking for a fight and is pissed that he didn't get one. Frankly I have no problems with open carry, but it is the LEO's JOB to see to it that the open carry law is followed to the letter. I don't give a shit if he is pissed that he got stopped. had the mall called and the cops did nothing and your friend then shot someone you would be crying that they didn't do their job.

you can't have it both ways sport. open carry with the occasional stop to be checked out or leave your ****ing gun at home. either way you will get no sympathy or support from me for your friends stupid.

I dont think the cops did anything wrong at all

Agreed! I think your friends are idiots. They were looking for a fight and the police officer did a great job IMHO. Why would you even want to carry an unloaded gun? Very pointless and stupid.

The police officer was doing his job. The part that pissed me off the most was when one said "its an option to check, so if you have anything better to do like fight crime you can do that".. Well, right back at him. If you make it easier on the police officers and stop acting like a smart ass, then they could have been on their way sooner. How is the cop supposed to know that the gun wasnt stolen or the person holding it was a felon? I can tell he's one of those guys who always ends up eating his words on a traffic stop too.. Where he'll give the police officer a hard time, and then they'll give him every ticket he deserves instead of getting a break.

Tell your friends to grow up and stop thinking theyre a bunch of bad asses or cool because they carry unloaded guns around in public for no reason.

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
There is a way to express your freedom and rights, but you don't need to be an ass to someone who is willing to work with you about it. I think the people recording this were being a bunch of smug instigators and they look for confrontations like this just to try and make people look stupid instead of educating them in a meaningful manner.

+1 What losers they are just looking for a fight, there are more important things for cops to do. Officers have a hard enough job as it is, now they have to deal with morons like this. Give me a break I bet those two were beat up a lot in high school.

Last edited:

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
He was exercising another right by not showing his ID.

And which right might that be? :read:

These guys were looking for a court case and didnt get it period. Their 2nd amendment right was NOT violated by them being stopped and questioned, were they arrested? Were their firearms taken away and not returned? No, We have people here in Montgomery that try the same crap here. Waiting for a chance to bait some unfortunate officer who isnt familiar with gun laws into a civil lawsuit

rust0r

Established Member
I can't stand whiny shits like your friend. They get a little informed on a subject and want to challenge everyone who opposes them like they are some sort of lawyer. It's hard to sound tough with a shaky voice. Both of the cops were very professional given how smart assed that kid was being, I wouldn't have the patience to deal with that

I love the facebook page where they badmouth the cop, "I love how when the old cop found you were recording, he stopped talking". If those dumb shits stopped for two seconds, and focused on what the cop was saying and how he was saying it "I'm in the same camp as you are....", clearly was about to say how he thinks it is silly that he got called, etc but doesn't want to undermine the lawn on camera

mr2cam

Established Member
I agree 110% with these statements. Meanwhile, some old lady had her purse stolen from some crook because the cops were too busy wasting time with these a$$ hats.

Did you not watch the video? If a ladys purse got snatched then they didn't need to do an e-check on them, it is optional, and even the cop said the only reason he was going to do it was due to people in the mall would bitch if they didn't. The cops took up more time then they needed to, all he had to do was do a quick e-check and then move on, instead he was on the phone with his LT asking him what to do because he didn't pay attention during the class.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
And which right might that be? :read:

These guys were looking for a court case and didnt get it period. Their 2nd amendment right was NOT violated by them being stopped and questioned, were they arrested? Were their firearms taken away and not returned? No, We have people here in Montgomery that try the same crap here. Waiting for a chance to bait some unfortunate officer who isnt familiar with gun laws into a civil lawsuit

Did they show their ID's, no.

I'm not going to stick up for their behavior because they acted like assholes. However, I can see how some people out there are fed up.

It's ironic that crackheads down the block can roam the street with loaded Tec-9's and millions of illegal aliens can roam their state without being asked for ID every day. God forbid American citizens want to protect what few rights they have left.

I said earlier the cops handled themselves professionally.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Did they show their ID's, no.

I'm not going to stick up for their behavior because they acted like assholes. However, I can see how some people out there are fed up.

It's ironic that crackheads down the block can roam the street with loaded Tec-9's and millions of illegal aliens can roam their state without being asked for ID every day. God forbid American citizens want to protect what few rights they have left.

I said earlier the cops handled themselves professionally.

Im not trying to start a pissing match with you on this, I know your not sticking up for them. You stated they had a right to not show their ID, I just want to know which one of the Amendments that covers?

mr2cam

Established Member
Just to also say something, yes they were kind of acting like douchbags, but he was basically informing the cop of his rights and they cooperated just fine, the cop should have probably payed attention to the class he taught on e-checks.

mr2cam

Established Member
Im not trying to start a pissing match with you on this, I know your not sticking up for them. You stated they had a right to not show their ID, I just want to know which one of the Amendments that covers?

It is actually the law in CA, you don't need to show a cop your ID when asked, I believe it is different here in WA.

Users who are viewing this thread