Don't leave acetylene bottles in your vehicle!

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I was linked to this thread: [ame=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291529]Local FJ Cruiser goes Boom! - CK5 Blazer Forums[/ame]

------------------------------

Found this on a local forum today. Figured I should post it up.

Quote "So my time almost came to an end this morning... im very lucky to be alive.

First of all, GO HUG YOUR WIFE/HUBBY and tell them you love them.

i had an acetylene bottle in my truck, the valve was bumped so slightly and over night the truck filled with the gas. i noticed the smell, and opened the doors to air out the truck. i drove the truck out of the garage to get some more air movement. i went to roll the pass side window down and as soon as i touched the power windows. BAM. with me in the truck. i lost all hearing out of my right ear and got a scratch on the back of my head. all things considering, im alive.

so now ive got the question out to toyota about a 2012 TT. 125 to canada only, 15 in standard. i want a standard...

pictures tell 1000 words.

dont take any minutes or seconds you have for granted... it may be your last...

peace everyone,"

And on to the pic's:

img_0110.jpg

img_0111.jpg

img_0112.jpg

img0171iq.jpg

img0175oy.jpg

img0184mm.jpg

img5424d.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
how is he still alive?

this!

It shattered everything in that vehicle, blew out all the material at any jambs and the sheet metal or plastic of the outside. Yet he has a blown ear drum and a scratch on the back of his head!

Dude needs to play the lottery stat.

Now Mythbusters needs to come in with another land cruiser and do this but with high-speed cameras inside and out. Put Buster in the front seat with some blast ring thingies too.

Last edited:

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
definitely lucky but not very smart....he went to air out the truck...but started it too? surprised starting it to move didn't set off the gas...

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Who keeps an acetylene tank in a vehicle in a garage anyways?

glad the guy made it out alive, very crazy incident for sure!

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
this!

It shattered everything in that vehicle, blew out all the material at any jambs and the sheet metal or plastic of the outside. Yet he has a blown ear drum and a scratch on the back of his head!

Dude needs to play the lottery stat.

Now Mythbusters needs to come in with another land cruiser and do this but with high-speed cameras inside and out. Put Buster in the front seat with some blast ring thingies too.

Had he not rolled the windows down the concussion of the blast would have probably killed him. That's the only reason he's still alive.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Had he not rolled the windows down the concussion of the blast would have probably killed him. That's the only reason he's still alive.

Yet the concussion was big enough to turn the FJ cruiser into shrapnel??

I've seen this on other forums and call BULLSHIT. There don't seem to be signs of burns on anything, especially something like the headliner that would singe immediately, and acetylene is very sooty unless additional oxygen is added.. There would be black soot all over as well

:bs:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Yet the concussion was big enough to turn the FJ cruiser into shrapnel??

I've seen this on other forums and call BULLSHIT. There don't seem to be signs of burns on anything, especially something like the headliner that would singe immediately, and acetylene is very sooty unless additional oxygen is added.. There would be black soot all over as well

:bs:

Kinda what I was thinking?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
You never carry gas lying on it's side. Always standing up.

Other posts about BS content are correct. Acetylene would have left that truck black. Besides, it has the famous "kiss your wife" in it. Seen many chain emails with that same verbiage.

E

Users who are viewing this thread