Highest mileage Cobra in exsistance?

SVT95

Established Member
From the thread that I made earlier, I noticed a lot of people commenting on the high mileage of my car. And I also had this idea from the highest HP thread made. But what is the highest mileage cobra on here or that you know of?

Last edited:

SVT95

Established Member
lol, 300k is alot. i wonder how the timing chain tensioner's have held up that long.

I wonder how the entire thing has held up this long lol. But looking at my other thread got me thinking about how many high mileage cobras are out there.

SVT95

Established Member
300K is a shit load of miles..original engine? any major repairs?

distributor was the most expensive repair so far... *knock on wood*. everything else has been basic; ie, alternator, belt, and so on. It's been a shit load of small things that have been going out. but the fact that it is a high 12 second car still tickles my pickle. lol

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Not surprised, especially when talking modulars. Another member on my Mark VIII site, hit 404k miles on his stock engine. Only reason it didn't go further, the oil plan developed a hole and dumped oil down the highway. That was a 4.6 DOHC....97 IIRC

Edit: Forgot to mention he hit the track on a regular basis, for years.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
lol, 300k is alot. i wonder how the timing chain tensioner's have held up that long.

Me too!

Especially since 94 and 95 Cobras are push rod 5.0s with no tensioner at all!:-D
A double roller timing chain will go a long time though, they do not stretch as bad as the silent chains do.

Before the 4.6 engines, Police, Taxi and Limos were rocking those little 5.0 engines to some truly crazy miles.

4a7191a

Established Member
double crap, i had the sigs off. i thought it was a mod motor. my bad. i can see a 302 going that long.

SVT95

Established Member

4a7191a

Established Member
ive seen a 5.4 in a fx4 at 330k, it had its chains replaced. i know it was abused, mud and lack of oil changes. as far as 4v motor's im not so sure.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
The company I work for keeps our Town Cars until riiiiiiiight before 300K, then they sell 'em off.....

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Isn't there a member on this forum who has an 03 cobra with over 260k on it?

Yep last I saw of his avatar he was over 265,000. I think he's had a valve job and he might have just rebuilt the Eaton but I think that's about it.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
We had a F-350 at my old job with a V-10 that had 275K on the odometer. It was ran hard.

Users who are viewing this thread