Longest Period Of Time Not Driving Your Cobra...

Marc

Established Member
Whether its "down time" for maintenance or upgrades, storing it for the winter, etc...what is the longest time you were NOT behind the wheel?

I am going on 4 1/2 years without being behind the wheel, without seeing the car period.

DevilSun

Established Member
Marc, I envy you for not seeing it as I think that's easier. Mine sat in my garage for 3.5 years with a blown engine...about to fire it up within the next week or so. Seeing it got to the point where I almost considered getting rid of it.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
god damn almost 5 years. has anybody ever started it up for you or drove it at all??

hope you see her soon

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
DD it now...but over the winter about a month tops..i always had to start it up and take it around the block after a winter mod..snow or not..cant help it

da2k17

Established Member
going on 8 months since i pulled the motor for a rebuild, woulda been done today if i had the right bearings:fm:. next week it should be on the road.:rockon:

Marc

Established Member
god damn almost 5 years. has anybody ever started it up for you or drove it at all??

hope you see her soon

The car is in a climate control gov't storage facility in CA. I have been overseas for over 4 years now. They do start the car up once a month, get the fluids hot, run all the electrical stuff, then move it to a different spot. Cover it up and repeat the process in a month.

Currently, I have $7K in parts sitting in my Father's garage in support of my 2.9 Whipple upgrade. I still have to purchase the blower, that will be in June. This car will not be only fast, but show quality as well.

MissGT23

Established Member
I think I quit driving mine in August last year. Battery is dead too, of course.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I just went 5 months without seeing mine or starting it. Winter storage in my aunts garage about an hour away. It sucked!

Zimm11

Established Member
the first 24 1/2 years of my life. but this next winter will be its first hibernation (mid November-late March/April) :(

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My GT was a DD and the longest I went without driving in 3 years was one week. Was taking my time installing meth injection and had just bought a Jeep for a beater.

The cobra I had was down for 7 months while I had a new motor built and installed. It was hell because the engine blew right at the beginning of summer and I didn't get to drive it until December. Then it snows 2+ feet just after I get it back. Then it snowed almost 3 feet a few months later. It was hell.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Probably a few months or so. I use to DD it a few years ago, but ever since buying a daily, I seem to drive it less and less. In fact, now is one of those periods where I haven't even touched the car in a while. Probably time to beat on her soon.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
In a week it will be 10 months :/

Car is down to swap a carburetor on top of it [and some other things] ...should have it back up and running in the next week or so though!!

She'll be down for another few months this summer to get the F2 on.

Users who are viewing this thread