Longest Period Of Time Not Driving Your Cobra...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
been 2yrs 2mo since I last drove mine and watched it drive away.

Not a night goes by that I dont still dream about driving it.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
the longest I've gone is around year and half the first time.. This rebuilt it'll be a year.. It's been down since June of last year.. I won't be able to drive it until July if it's done ontime.. :( I miss it

flamed03vert

Established Member
Everytime I deploy I go thru "Cobra Separation Anxiety". Usually just for about 3-4 months, but sometimes upwards of 7 months. Then there's winter storage... I've managed to put 22K on it in 6 years though. Mostly roadtrips though. I miss mine now. Yep, depressing:cryying:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Before I sold it, the longest period was roughly 2 months (during the winter). My intent was always to keep it under the cover from early December through March, but seeing it there in the garage every day was just too much. Whenever there was a day when it was sunny and the roads were clear, I'd take it out for a ride. Hard not driving a car you love to drive. Hey Marc, I really feel your pain. I haven't driven a Terminator in 6 years and I still miss it immensely.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
damn maybe 3-4 days when it was down. felt like a King when i was able to start it again.

TrevorR90

Banned
Janurary 15th was when I flew back overseas. So 3 months? I bought the car last Janurary and didn't drive it until August. So the most was 7 months.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I haven't driven mine in about a month and a half now that I have a DD. The longest period was when I first got the car about 6 years ago and it was down for almost 4 months while I did an engine build.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
My car's has been sitting for 8 months.. It went in storage w/ non-ported eaton and coming out of the garage w/ a 2.3l Whipple @ 18# and a set of 18" afs chrome replica's wrapped w/ toyo r888's.....YATZEE !!!!

GodStang

Established Member
Have not driven mine since August. Put around 200 miles on it back then and before than is was about 2 years.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Year on year off, not including down time when something breaks. I've owned it alittle of 3 years now and drove it maybe a total of 8 months. Damn deployments and things breaking lol!

My94GT

Established Member
i think my cars been sitting for about a year now. the longest its sat was about 2 years. it doesnt bother me much as im in no real rush, sometimes on real nice days i miss driving it. hopefully soon ill have it running again.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
2 or 3 weeks a yr while on vaca
and I think 2 weeks when Hermann was working on it in 07 :shrug:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
Whether its "down time" for maintenance or upgrades, storing it for the winter, etc...what is the longest time you were NOT behind the wheel?

I am going on 4 1/2 years without being behind the wheel, without seeing the car period.

wow & i`m freaking out over 2.5 yrs :(

i was down for a year & half almost & got it back together for 7 months & it got flooded back in may of 2010 & its almost a yr later & i`m 95% of the way finshied AGAIN !! :pepper: & my house is almost finished too :pepper::pepper: :dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread