Longest Period Of Time Not Driving Your Cobra...

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
What torture for some of you guys! I went 6 months without starting it and about 4 months not even looking at it. I got really busy on the year I got married and had little time to do anything on my free time but to help plan the wedding.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This thread is easily the single most depressing thread on SVTP

Agree...Horrible thread idea..

I haven't driven mine in 9 months, this is a very depressing thread.

:( About a year and a half.
Had a Liver transplant and 2 weeks after I was out of the hospital, we found out my wife had cancer.
So between her and I being sick, treated, chemoed, radiated, and transplanted no Cobra driving going on.

The car was fine, it was the people that were broken.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
I feel your pain OP. My R/T hasn't moved under it's own power since June 2007. But I'm nearing the end of the tunnel, should have her back on the road in the next month or so. :beer:

caliboy08

Established Member
bought my '96 cobra in '04, blew the motor in the summer of '06 and just got her running again about 2 months ago. still have yet to drive it on the street.. so about 5 years.:mj:

school and everything else was of greater importance. this summer will be fun though!

Marc

Established Member
On a good note, after 4 1/2 years in storage, I will see it again in July. I am arranging transport of the car from CA to UT (my next duty station) as I type this. Also, I will have it for about 2-3 weeks and then it will be down again for my 2.9 Whipple and other goodies install.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
Longest is 6 months when I replaced the motor in my old cobra.. But I still had my GT so I was still driving a mustang.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
6 months while not even owning the car long. The first day I got the car it went down and I went ahead and upgraded a few things on it while it was in the shop. I started having dreams about driving it I wanted it back so bad haha.

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
bought the car March 2010, the next month bought a 2.3 whipple, then blew the rear at the track. it was down for 6 weeks then. got i back and a month later was involved in a 5 car pile up, minor damage, (radiator, hood, core support, bumper, paint) but I fixed my car out of pocket instead of insurance, so it sat for 4 months... hardest time ever lol

Marc

Established Member
My car has since been moved to a vehicle processing center and awaiting transportation to my next duty station in Utah. The commercial enclosed trailer should pick it up by next week. So after 4 1/2 years, I will be able to see it in July.

Users who are viewing this thread