I don't think dragstrips should allow...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Stupid ass cars to run. Might sound like an asshole thing to say and I know they pay but it gets out of hand. Last time at the track I had a guy running in front of me with a 1992ish Blazer that was stock with BFG old school radials. He drove straight through the water and did a one wheel peel in the water box, then carried water all the way to the line. :bash: I was so close to telling the water box guy he should not allow that. Not only that but afterwards the guy didn't spray down more water. Ofcourse I ended up with a one wheel peel half way through the burnout. :bored: Then later I see some highschool boys all loaded in a Dodge Ram extended cab on mud tires. There was 4 of them in the truck running. Call me anal but they shouldn't allow shit like this. It's a waste of time and it can flat out be dangerous. Oh but if you run 11.4999999 without a rollcage your ass is gone! :rollseyes

I'm talking about Atlanta Dragway if anyone is wondering.

Drazga

Established Member
They let you run with other people in the car? And I thought Atco (NJ) was lenient... I agree though, if your going slower then 15.0 they should just have a separate day for those cars.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They let you run with other people in the car? And I thought Atco (NJ) was lenient... I agree though, if your going slower then 15.0 they should just have a separate day for those cars.

or a separate class/lane for those random vehicles to run.

then again, they paid to race just as much as you did, what makes you any more special than them?

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
It all depends on what you consider stupid, I suppose. I have a 2000 Buick LeSabre with 2.86 gears that runs mid-high 15s. Not quick by any means, but I also am boosting it this winter and it's nice to track the progress. High 16s to high 15s. I also am corteous though... I roll around the waterbox and I try to be careful to not piss people off. Most of the faster guys seem genuinely excited to talk to me in staging, shoot the shit, etc...

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member

Agreed, I have never heard of anything more than one passenger being allowed. Certainly not a whole car full of people.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
or a separate class/lane for those random vehicles to run.

then again, they paid to race just as much as you did, what makes you any more special than them?

I'm there to do what the place was made for. Not act like an idiot in my pos car that rips the water box/launch area up with my all season tires. :nonono: It just is annoying to try to get a best only to be behind someone that ruins that chance for you.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
They shouldn't allow people who complain what other people do when they pay? Just because they don't have a 9 second car like everyone on SVTP doesn't mean that they don't like, or can't enjoy the thrill of being able to make a pass down a track? If this concerns you then maybe you should join the pro's then you won't have to worry about it?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They shouldn't allow people who complain what other people do when they pay? Just because they don't have a 9 second car like everyone on SVTP doesn't mean that they don't like, or can't enjoy the thrill of being able to make a pass down a track? If this concerns you then maybe you should join the pro's then you won't have to worry about it?

Or just streetrace on the freeway and not have to worry about track bullshittery......

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the seperate lanes is a good idea. But honestly they have just as much reason to be there as you do.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
So if I pay to watch a movie in a theatre with you and scream and yell the whole time, you guys would be cool about that too?

Stopsign32v

Established Member

Charge less and don't allow for such strict tech and I won't complain about it. ;)

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

Everybody on SVTP has 9 second cars? Damn, I'm failing. :pop:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
So if I pay to watch a movie in a theatre with you and scream and yell the whole time, you guys would be cool about that too?

No, but if they spilled popcorn and soda all over the entryway and made my shoes sticky for the duration of the movie I would be slightly annoyed, but still able to watch and enjoy the movie I paid for.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
No, but if they spilled popcorn and soda all over the entryway and made my shoes sticky for the duration of the movie I would be slightly annoyed, but still able to watch and enjoy the movie I paid for.

What you are saying would be equal to spilled soada in the staging lanes. Which I would be a-ok with.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
their money is worth the same as your money.

Absolutely, but when I drive 102 miles to the track it kinda sucks more. Sucks to not have a closer 1/4th track. They should have track days where they charge a little more but only allow cars with either DRs or bias plys.

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
true. but to the operators of the drag strip probably make a lot of money on those people. although if they received enough complaints from more people like yourself they may take it into consideration.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
The simple solution is to actually race in a class instead of friday night test n tune.

Users who are viewing this thread