I don't think dragstrips should allow...

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Do you guys also believe the people should be allowed to have conversations and/or talk on their phones in movie theaters because they paid just as much as you did for their ticket?

The guy with the blazer doesn't bother me as much as the four guys in the truck. One wanted to see what his did, the other was just a bunch of guys screwing around.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I dont have a problem with street cars or trucks running at the track but it becomes a safety issue when you let cars drag water, dirt, mud and rocks to the starting line. For that same reason your also not allowed/supposed to run your A/C. They especially dont appreciate it when cars leak antifreeze on the track.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
If you aren't running a drag tire you shouldn't be allowed to go in the water box.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Charge less and don't allow for such strict tech and I won't complain about it. ;)

I actually wouldn't mind them charging more; supply (time you actually get to spend driving down the track) is very much in demand when there are hundreds of cars in line. When demand outpaces supply, you get to charge more until it evens out.

I spent 4 hours at Royal Purple Raceway Friday night and got to make 3 passes. 1 was shot because of water dragged past the starting line by idiots. 2 of those 4 hours were spent waiting for track cleanup after a piece of crap grenaded and was driven the entire length of the track.

What you are saying would be equal to spilled soada in the staging lanes. Which I would be a-ok with.

No, it's more like someone spraying soda on your glasses as you walk in the door. You still get to see the movie, but the experience will be diminished by waterspots in your vision. Water dragged to the starting line = your entire pass (and the 1.5 hour wait before it) is a total waste of time - and you know it'll be another 1.5 hours before you get another chance. Not to mention how dangerous it is to launch a fast car, were you in one, with wet tires.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
My whole problem is this track is so anal that after my first run with me launching at 6,000rpms at the end of the track I had an official flag me down and look under my car with a flashlight to see if I had a driveshaft loop or not. But they let people track water up to the line and they let 4 teenage boys race down the track in a new truck with mudd tires that daddy bought.

I know, don't go there if I don't like it. But like I said, 1/4 wise this is the only option really.

Dusten

Established Member
If you aren't running a drag tire you shouldn't be allowed to go in the water box.

thats not the cars fault. that is A) the water box guys fault for not directing him, and B) the tracks fault for not having a drivers meeting to discuss etiquette

Stopsign32v

Established Member
thats not the cars fault. that is A) the water box guys fault for not directing him, and B) the tracks fault for not having a drivers meeting to discuss etiquette

Absolutely!

I dont mind street tire guys backing the rear tires into the water box. My problem is the FWD guys that want to do a burnout and get their rears wet and drag the water down the track.

And absolutely!

Not to mention the "racers" that stage at the tree or stage with their back tires. :bash:

BM1

Established Member
What you're describing is exactly what track rentals are for. Get your buddies together and pool money to rent it out. Problem solved.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol a drivers meeting at a dragstrip.

I dont think you need to have a meeting to drive all of 1320' in a straight line....

Stopsign32v

Established Member
What you're describing is exactly what track rentals are for. Get your buddies together and pool money to rent it out. Problem solved.

That track it costs $500 per person to rent the track.

Dusten

Established Member
lol a drivers meeting at a dragstrip.

I dont think you need to have a meeting to drive all of 1320' in a straight line....

so you're first time at the track you knew it all, when to turn out, who turns first, how to stage, proper water box use?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
That track it costs $500 per person to rent the track.

That's ****ed up. Our track rental is $750 per lane (we only rent 1), and I believe you can have up to 10 cars racing. So, that's $75 per person, and its well worth every penny. No waiting, no idiots, and it's very efficient.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
That's ****ed up. Our track rental is $750 per lane (we only rent 1), and I believe you can have up to 10 cars racing. So, that's $75 per person, and its well worth every penny. No waiting, no idiots, and it's very efficient.

I'd jump on that fast as hell!!! Atl has a maximum of 5 cars and it cost $2500.

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I thought it was common knowlege that if you run regular radials,you should pull around the burnout box,and just clean them off a little and pull up to the line?:shrug:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I thought it was common knowlege that if you run regular radials,you should pull around the burnout box,and just clean them off a little and pull up to the line?:shrug:

I would say 95% of people don't have this.

Users who are viewing this thread