I don't think dragstrips should allow...

Drazga

Established Member
At Atco you can't go around the waterbox, so if it were up to me I'd keep it Tuesday/Friday for the drag radial and bias ply cars then have the slow cars on all seasons come on a Wednesday without a waterbox. I'd bet there wouldn't be nearly as many people watching on Wednesday. While the morons in the street lane (about half the people in attendance) do provide more money for the track I'd be willing to pay more just to get more passes in and not deal with their ass-hattery. They often don't bring the crowd maybe a passenger or a friend or two but most people come to watch the faster cars run. Even more so aggravation is the cars breaking, when a track car breaks which isn't often here it is pushed off and not a big deal. When say a honda breaks after he decided to drag all the water through the box, they will try to get it back in gear or keep revving it (facepalm) only causing a longer wait, the worst is when they don't pull off to the side if the car breaks covering the whole 1320.

I would say 95% of people don't have this.

and this

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Even if this makes me feel bad for myself, this thread is sure making me think about the strip. I wish it wasn't November.

david068513

Established Member
ha... I live not to far from atlanta dragway...this is the norm for any dragstrip now on a open TNT night...

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
It's drag racing, how much fun can you really expect to have just leaving hard and going as fast as you can in a 1/4 mile?

Grow out of it, try taking the corner to the return road at 90 for a little taste of some actual excitement.

See vid in sig for the antidote for drag race poisoning.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
It's drag racing, how much fun can you really expect to have just leaving hard and going as fast as you can in a 1/4 mile?

Grow out of it, try taking the corner to the return road at 90 for a little taste of some actual excitement.

There's a lot of pride in being able to drive a car well down a track, accounting for weathe variables, beating personal records, and other things like that. It's also difficult for a lot of people to do "real racing". Don't get me wrong, I love corners but the one time that I tried ovals I couldn't really get into it, and I'd have to drive to BIR or road america, and that's not very practical for someone that uses racing as a weekend hobby. I'm more than willing to bomb around some of Minnesotas 10,000 lakes though. Lots of nice driving up here.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Winning.

cbradley49

Established Member
Haha I know exactly what you mean! And I'm pretty sure I was there that same night u were too! Lol. They let my gf ride with me in the terminator and its an 11 sec car. They just told her to sign a waiver...

david068513

Established Member
Haha I know exactly what you mean! And I'm pretty sure I was there that same night u were too! Lol. They let my gf ride with me in the terminator and its an 11 sec car. They just told her to sign a waiver...

you serious? damn...I thought it was faster then 13 sec they won't let a passenger ride.

cbradley49

Established Member
That's what I thought too. All the past times I'd been there and they wouldn't let anyone ride with u if u ran faster than a 13.9 and u had to have a helmet then.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Instead of bitching about the n00b retards why dont you try to help them? Its a win win for both you and the n00b retards. They get to learn race etiquette and you dont have to crash your car when you follow their run. Trust me the track doesnt give a shit if you or the other guy ruins their car so you might as well be proactive in protecting your investment.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member

haha agreed. Not to say there isnt some skill involved in drag racing. I cant talk too much shit as im not good in either setting but I find autox way more fun then drag racing. Drag is more about your car.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I spent 4 hours at Royal Purple Raceway Friday night and got to make 3 passes. 1 was shot because of water dragged past the starting line by idiots. 2 of those 4 hours were spent waiting for track cleanup after a piece of crap grenaded and was driven the entire length of the track.

That's the worst. I went to an event in South Florida years ago and like every 6th car was some POS DSM with a homemade turbo kit duct taped together that would invariably blow the oil pan off at 660' and result in 2 hours of clean up. Lots of idiots at every track.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
You know what really grinds my gears?

In all seriousness I think they need to give people an introductory or make them watch a couple runs before they're allowed to make a pass because I can't stand when you get all the new comers who don't have a clue about what they're doing.
I mean don't get me wrong I'm all for people going out and experiencing it for the first time and get accustomed to it but there has to be some sort of lesson for these people.
I'll never forget the time I was at etown and someone was running for their fist time and the guy drove right into the sand pit because he thought that was how you stop your car. The announcer got on the loud speaker and with a speechless tone was like, "uh yea, people you need to pay attention to other races if this is your first time." it was funny but annoying at the same time.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That's the worst. I went to an event in South Florida years ago and like every 6th car was some POS DSM with a homemade turbo kit duct taped together that would invariably blow the oil pan off at 660' and result in 2 hours of clean up. Lots of idiots at every track.

Lol you sure it wasnt the same car re-duct taped back together after each run?

Users who are viewing this thread