They need to bring back public executions.........seriously

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I think it would help this country out alot! And I don't mean lets put a IV in him in 18 years and give him some giggle gas, put him to sleep, then stop his heart. **** that shit!!! If someone kills someone in cold blood...an eye for an eye!! You put a bag around someone's head and tape their hands and feet well guess what, you get the same way. Drown someone? Bring in the small swimming pool at the execution. Give them 2-6 months and allow them 1 appeal to confirm that they are guilty. If someone is shot in cold blood then it should be a firing squad with the option to a select person in the victim's family a seat in that squad. Tickets to the event should be sold at a decently high price to help the economy along with less prison crowding and cost. But hey what do I know.... :rolleyes:

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
I think it would help this country out alot! And I don't mean lets put a IV in him in 18 years and give him some giggle gas, put him to sleep, then stop his heart. **** that shit!!! If someone kills someone in cold blood...an eye for an eye!! You put a bag around someone's head and tape their hands and feet well guess what, you get the same way. Drown someone? Bring in the small swimming pool at the execution. Give them 2-6 months and allow them 1 appeal to confirm that they are guilty. If someone is shot in cold blood then it should be a firing squad with the option to a select person in the victim's family a seat in that squad. Tickets to the event should be sold at a decently high price to help the economy along with less prison crowding and cost. But hey what do I know.... :rolleyes:
Oh-he-mad.jpg

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member

I see this thread's future in SD soon :pop:

Oh look! SVTP's "liberals" have crawled out of the woodwork :nonono:. Why wouldn't you want public executions for blatant crimes? It would certainly be better than advertising the sweet prison life that robs a good chunk of our tax dollars. I'm all for it if it takes some load off the economy AND makes crime more distasteful. :idea:

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I'd watch. but think they should sell decent priced tickets. that way it brings more people to show that they shouldnt do stupid shit to eatchother

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Overwhelming liberal mentality in todays society will never allow this...which is why criminals are running wild now, no consequences ( or proper ones anyway)

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Overwhelming liberal mentality in todays society will never allow this...which is why criminals are running wild now, no consequences ( or proper ones anyway)

Because its pointless. Its pointless because people that do those blatant crimes are more than likely ****ed up in the head and they couldnt care less about their actions or its consequences.

Preventing someone from being "****ed up in the head" is where its at. Public executions would be counter-productive in that regard.

What makes you think crime would go down anyways? People like going out with a bang. If you know you were dead regardless, you might do even more crazy shit.

Get em while theyre young I say. A better education system might help.

Because its pointless. Its pointless because people that do those blatant crimes are more than likely ****ed up in the head and they couldnt care less about their actions or its consequences.

Preventing someone from being "****ed up in the head" is where its at. Public executions would be counter-productive in that regard.

What makes you think crime would go down anyways? People like going out with a bang. If you know you were dead regardless, you might do even more crazy shit.

You're on to something. People just want to attack the symptoms of the disease, rather than address the disease itself, so to speak. Wasting people or going "eye for an eye" is just taking a step backwards. I for one don't want to see our country incorporate certain elements that you see in lawless societies. If you look at the background of many criminals, you'll find many of the same common denominators. And I'm not talking race either.

Stopsign32v

Established Member

I'm not saying it would fix anything but it sure wouldn't hurt like you say. :dw: If it's OBVIOUS someone killed someone or more than one why wouldn't you want to put them down in an equal way sooner than later? The way I look at it, if someone was to hurt my family I sure as hell would want more than an IV put in them. :fm: On top of that I don't want them to enjoy TV, food, sleep, etc in prison. Put them in a room with NOTHING but a concrete floor with no window and feed them only 1 piece of bread and a cup of water 3 times a day and ok... On top of it all these young "thugs" need to see what will happen if they do crime. Hell, it's too easy these days to kill someone. What's to lose most of them probably think...look at it this way, I get to go hang out with dad in prison for the next years. It's all bullshit. A life has no value anymore because the cost is low for the killer.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
You're on to something. People just want to attack the symptoms of the disease, rather than address the disease itself, so to speak. Wasting people or going "eye for an eye" is just taking a step backwards. I for one don't want to see our country incorporate certain elements that you see in lawless societies. If you look at the background of many criminals, you'll find many of the same common denominators. And I'm not talking race either.

Hell I'm all for better education! With that said I think half of the parents these days have no right what so ever giving birth to kids. Hell my wife knows a girl that works at McDonalds, her boyfriend doesn't have a job, and they have 4 kids now and 1 in the oven! :poke: Who do you think is paying to feed those kid? Wonder how those kids will be raised? This country in a whole is going down the drain fast. One thing isn't going to fix it but it's going to take alot of broken hearts and hard choices to make it. With our lack of money I'm sorry but I see no reason to waste a dime of it on a convicted killer. Why feed a man that is sentenced to death? :dw:

Hell I'm all for better education! With that said I think half of the parents these days have no right what so ever giving birth to kids. Hell my wife knows a girl that works at McDonalds, her boyfriend doesn't have a job, and they have 4 kids now and 1 in the oven! :poke: Who do you think is paying to feed those kid? Wonder how those kids will be raised? This country in a whole is going down the drain fast. One thing isn't going to fix it but it's going to take alot of broken hearts and hard choices to make it. With our lack of money I'm sorry but I see no reason to waste a dime of it on a convicted killer. Why feed a man that is sentenced to death? :dw:

Simply because someone has been convicted of a crime, doesn't make him/her any less human. There are a lot of young people that simply have had very poor role models in their lives. Yet everyone is so quick to judge and to want to throw all these people away. Everyone doesn't grow up in the perfect home or with both parents in their home. Some of these things have caused deep emotional scars in people and its negatively impacted their entire outlook on life in general. Its a vastly complex problem.

People are too quick to judge the actions of others, without even understanding how that person got to be that way. And I'm not saying you're wrong for having the viewpoints that you do, I've had them in the past myself. But these people that so many are quick to look down upon, have been years in the making. A lot of criminals have been dehumanized from a very young age and have seen the worst of humanity and have been told from early life that they were a waste of life, by the people they were surrounded by. And we wonder why so many people take on borderline or full blown sociopathic behavior?

Last edited:

joeg215

Established Member
Simply because someone has been convicted of a crime, doesn't make him/her any less human. There are a lot of young people that simply have had very poor role models in their lives. Yet everyone is so quick to judge and to want to throw all these people away. Everyone doesn't grow up in the perfect home or with both parents in their home. Some of these things have caused deep emotional scars in people and its negatively impacted their entire outlook on life in general. Its a vastly complex problem.

People are too quick to judge the actions of others, without even understanding how that person got to be that way. And I'm not saying you're wrong for having the viewpoints that you do, I've had them in the past myself. But these people that so many are quick to look down upon, have been years in the making. A lot of criminals have been dehumanized from a very young age and have seen the worst of humanity and have been told from early life that they were a waste of life, by the people they were surrounded by. And we wonder why so many people take on borderline or full blown sociopathic behavior?

I completely agree.

Theres also the theory that capital punishment actually devalues life and leads to an increase in murders.

There are a lot of complex issues here.

joeg215

Established Member
I'm not saying it would fix anything but it sure wouldn't hurt like you say. :dw: If it's OBVIOUS someone killed someone or more than one why wouldn't you want to put them down in an equal way sooner than later? The way I look at it, if someone was to hurt my family I sure as hell would want more than an IV put in them. :fm: On top of that I don't want them to enjoy TV, food, sleep, etc in prison. Put them in a room with NOTHING but a concrete floor with no window and feed them only 1 piece of bread and a cup of water 3 times a day and ok... On top of it all these young "thugs" need to see what will happen if they do crime. Hell, it's too easy these days to kill someone. What's to lose most of them probably think...look at it this way, I get to go hang out with dad in prison for the next years. It's all bullshit. A life has no value anymore because the cost is low for the killer.

I understand your point. And Im sure I would want blood too if one of my family members were hurt. Its only natural. But, thats purely a subjective vengeance emotion. The bigger picture will not change. We MIGHT feel better if we knew the perpetrator was dead, but it will likely not change a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread