Post Pics and driving impressions of your GT500

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
She's here!!!!! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Details to follow soon after I take delivery in a few short hours!

Woo Hoo!! :rockon: :rockon:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Ok Folks:

Meet Scarlett! :pepper: Here she gets pampered in the prep department:

prepdeptsmtd4.jpg

Outside of my shop:

rearqtrft3.jpg

And a shot of that glorious 5.4:

engineqg0.jpg

My salesman had the General Manager drive the car from their remote lot to the dealership because he didn't want anyone else driving it. He commented on how slow it was.:coolman: Turns out NOBODY at the dealer knew of the protection Ford put into this vehicle to prevent abuse before the owner gets it! :idea: That is a damn good idea if you ask me!??! :bowdown: The General Manager drove the car right to the prep department and that's where I took delivery from. I drove the car up front and we did the paperwork.

So, I told my salesman he could drive the car to the gas station for the fill. He drove it pretty slow and he asked me to drive it back to the dealer to get my truck and take it back to my shop less than a mile from the dealer. So as I was giving my salesman a ride back to the dealer he asked me if I had some time to put some miles on to get the computer out of safe mode? I said sure. We hopped on the freeway (behind a State Trooper no less) and the car was still slow and had no boost. We drove about 4 miles to the turnaround and who is doing a u-turn along with us? Another State Trooper this time on a motorcycle. Does this car attract attention or was that just a coincidence? :dw: Who knows? Well as we get back onto the freeway I notice I now have boost! :banana: Quite the difference from what we had before! So, after I dropped my salesman off he ran in to get the GM and I gave him a ride. He was very impressed that it was even the same car.

My first impression is tightness. This car is rigid. Great platform. Nothing like my SN95 '00 R was before the chassis stiffening and roll cage! Power is smooth, constant and powerful. Nice powerband. Understand this is my first S/C vehicle. I've driven two of my wife's turboed cars but didn't really care for either? I did notice a bit of front end plow (giving the GM the ride of his life on my test track, read Industrial Park) similar to what you get in a Terminator which is understandable. The front could probably use wider wheels and maybe a lower profile tire if you really wanted to push it. This is just going to be a driver for me and it might see an exhaust system (way too quiet!) and a CAI or something like that? I'm not saying it will never be on track. Never say never! But I have already butchered one car for the track beyond all recognition! But I would like to take it to at least one event to pass some Z06's if nothing else!??! :poke: Have to see if any of my 18" track wheels from my "R" will fit?!

The car was built week of June 19 and it took until today to get the car! I know, that's sad. I ordered the car in March of '05 (one week before the car's debut at the New York Auto Show) and we didn't even know what to call it on the paperwork so we called it the 2006 (next) Cobra. My dealer asked I not disclose what I paid for the car so I'm honoring their wishes.

So that's my story. Tomorrow I get to drive the car some more! Woot!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
She's here!!!!! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Details to follow soon after I take delivery in a few short hours!

Woo Hoo!! :rockon: :rockon:

i thought you wrecked your z06?:read: :eek: i know, i know, you can rebuild. faster, stronger, more agile. :idea:

cant wait to see your new vette now that its out of the body shop. i can honestly say you made a wise choice in purchasing the top of the line gm product. :bowdown: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ON D BIT said:
i thought you wrecked your z06?:read: :eek: i know, i know, you can rebuild. faster, stronger, more agile. :idea:

cant wait to see your new vette now that its out of the body shop. i can honestly say you made a wise choice in purchasing the top of the line gm product. :bowdown: :coolman: :beer:

Me? Z06?!?! Ha ha ha ha good one!! :lol:

Last edited:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Those cars are so sexy, I love them. The front end is old school and its perfect. I'd like to see one that is lowered 2 inches and have 285 meats up front and 315's back with low profile tires.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
BTW, congrats on the car. Get some miles on her and post up some more feedback; and if you can make some vids.

Don't worry we'll make sure you mod her to a fun and safe place. ~550rwhp should be a good place to aim for.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dtheo said:
Those cars are so sexy, I love them. The front end is old school and its perfect. I'd like to see one that is lowered 2 inches and have 285 meats up front and 315's back with low profile tires.

The front should come down about a half an inch. The rear?!?! The rear needs to come down at LEAST and inch and a half?!?! Once I get some time I'll go through the Ford Racing catalog and see what they have? Maybe a Winter project?!? For now I'm just going to enjoy driving her! I need a radar detector!! :idea:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Come on Bruce borrow a bigger trailer and bring it with you to the SCMC event at Gingerman. You know you want to!!! Or maybe thats just me (doubt it)

Congrats on the beautiful car!!!:beer: :rockon: :thumbsup:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Looking good Bruce. Is she going to see a dyno anytime soon? Nice shots btw;-)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
chuckstang said:
How much did you pay for her
well I mean did you pay msrp

Bruce never pays retail for anything. I'd guess he paid ~$40K.

Have to see if any of my 18" track wheels from my "R" will fit?!
I don't think they'll fit (SN95 wheels > any S197).

It is a beauty. I would have ordered the same color.

bubbrubb

Great to see you got your Shelby Bruce!! Thanks for the little write up on it too, it helps keep the people waiting for theirs a little more sane :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread