Post Pics and driving impressions of your GT500

CaDDy

Banned
Congrats on your new Shelby!:beer:

That front end is sooo damn mean and you got the fastest color.:bowdown:

If you can try and get some more (bigger) pics up, or a vid.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Bruce...that is without a doubt one of the best looking cars I have seen in a while. If I were buying right now it would be extremly hard for me to choose between Vista blue with White stripes or Your Red with white stripes.

TR MACH

Established Member
Awesome car man!!
Exactly the way my dad ordered, which was picked up today by a car carrier in Utah at 8am this morning and will be here Sunday afternoon. Cant wait!!

TR MACH

Established Member
Awesome car man!!
Exactly the way my dad ordered, which was picked up today by a car carrier in Utah at 8am this morning and will be here Sunday afternoon. Cant wait!!

03'Darin

Established Member
Congratulations Bruce!! Now get that thing loaded up and headed to Watkins for the monday and tuesday's open track. If you can't make it out to drive the car, I'll take care of it..... I'll just have to try and remember how to point people by. lol I don't have to worry about that stuff in the 03'. :-D :poke:

Darin

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks for all the congrats guys. I'm like a kid at Christmas! :D

My plans are to get a dyno run sometime this Fall once I get a few miles on the car and it's somewhat broken in. I want to do a baseline run before ANY mods go on. I don't want to make the same mistake I made with my "R". (no baseline)

The brakes feel awesome. I honestly think they are comparable to the "R" almost?

I will try to get a few more pics up tonight. Been real busy.

Darin:

If I was going to go all the way to the Glen again, it would be with my R. Man that was a great time we had back in '04. :pepper:

If this car hits the track it will most likely be Road America. Just to see what it can do. I hope to be able to rig up the SN-95 harness bar and video camera mount I have into this vehicle? Don't even know how feasible that is yet. Only had the car about 23 hours now! Rain is coming so I'm driving the Excursion home tonight! :loser:

More reports and updates to follow!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

MikeW

Established Member
Congrats Bruce! I love it!

Wonder what motor the Panoz will ahve in them from now on?

'03 Sonic Blue

"So blue you can hear it"
Established Member
Fine car, Bruce. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Cindyann called me at work and told me about it. When she told me you said it would only be a driver, I told her to respond:bs:
She said she'd leave that to me, but it looks like you've already conceded that it will see the track. I don't have to tell you to be careful. Road America at MFBA in October would be nice so I can drool on it.

Cindyann say's it's a pretty car and she likes the name.

Your dealer sounds top notch. Nice touch to give the GM a ride.

Best regards, Mike

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
The front should come down about a half an inch. The rear?!?! The rear needs to come down at LEAST and inch and a half?!?! Once I get some time I'll go through the Ford Racing catalog and see what they have? Maybe a Winter project?!? For now I'm just going to enjoy driving her! I need a radar detector!! :idea:
i agree with the lowering, but mostly with the radar detector part! such an amazing look from the front, with the red/white combo. congratulations!:thumbsup:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Well, I was able to drive the car again today! :pepper: And then admire it sitting in the garage for a while.

Fit and finish are very nice. All seams are very even and all panels line up nicely. Doors are exceptionally solid when closing. Paint is very good. I found the seatback lumbar support finally! :read: I'm a relatively tall guy and there is NOT a lot of room in the back seat when I'm driving. ;-) I don't see that as being a big deal though. Not sure anyone will ever be back there? There also is no place in the passenger compartment that the owner's booklet will fit. :( Not in the glove box, not in the console and not in the door pocket. Is that a big deal? I don't think so? :-D I can live with that!

****EDIT**** Now with a little more light on the subject in the daylight I found that the owners booklet DOES in fact fit in the center console! :rockon: ****EDIT****

How am I ever going to NOT get a ticket in this thing, I will never know! The car is ridiculously fast to drive on the street. Understand, I am a Track Dawg and like to do all of my "performance" driving on the track in a controlled environment.

I was kind of wondering why I didn't see the boost gauge moving much? Well, you have to have your foot on the floor for a second before the boost gauge points towards fun. If you could see the silly look on my face as this car plants me into the seat back you'd understand why I have so much fun driving this car!?

I think a drag race between this car and my modded "R" (based on my SOTP dyno, this GT500 would kill the stock '00 R IMHO) would be a very interesting race. My "R" is 3,300# 400 NA RWHP and accelerates pretty damn good but not like this car does! I truly have no interest in drag racing whatsoever but it would be an interesting race nonetheless.

Road course is a different matter. This stock GT500 would own a stock 2000 "R" IMHO. That is until the car went into limp mode or the front tires overheated? Which ever came first? :lol: My modded "R" would own this car, no question.

You can tell the gear heads driving on the road because they are rubber necking the car where ever I go. The car draws quite a bit of attention where ever it goes.

It's everything that I had expected! And more! :rockon:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
How am I ever going to NOT get a ticket in this thing, I will never know!
I actually have a good plan that works for this. Now, at first it may sound crazy...but I haven't been pulled over for a moving violation in over 1.5 years. What you do is, while on the city streets obey the traffic laws and drive within 10mph of the speed limit. When on the highway, turn on your radar (in your head). I constantly scan my mirrors and look well in front of me to ensure no patrolling officers are in sight. What I do is drive fast...and really fast. Not 130 (well, sometimes), but at least 90-100 on average. My theory is, if I am going this quick, there shouldn't ever be a fast moving cop approach me from the rear. If they are jetting through traffic, I figure at most they will be doing 80-85. Which means that they will never get to a point where you are in there site because you are going so much faster. I always slow down 20-30 mph at on ramps and overhangs.

I was kind of wondering why I didn't see the boost gauge moving much? Well, you have to have your foot on the floor for a second before the boost gauge points towards fun. If you could see the silly look on my face as this car plants me into the seat back you'd understand why I have so much fun driving this car!?
that's odd...perhaps it's an electrical boost gauge? I don't like to hear this. I guess maybe a boost gauge will be my second addition to the already planned water temp gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread