PCV Pre- Filter from JLT, check it out.

Tucker

I've been thinking long and hard about this problem we have with all the oil coming in from the PCV side of the PCV system. Some are using ugly oil separators from air compressors, some are using expencive contraptions for industrial machines or boats costing hundreds of dollars and some are even using a check valve set up that actually blocks anything from getting into the intake.

What we have is a Pre-filter for the PCV. It runs piggy back in front of the PCV valve to grab the oil vapors and drain them back into the valve cover when the car shuts down, but still allows full function of the PCV system. Air flows right through, while the oil is stopped.

It has a cleanable, lifetime "metal" filter that can be cleaned with any degreaser or brake cleaner.

We have been testing this for the last 6 months or so and have only seen about a tea spoon of oil come through the filter. This was a full blown, beat the snot out of, full boost all the time beating. I've seen this same amount in a few days of driving without the Pre filter.
The oil smoke on start up has been greatly reduced, but I think if the intercooler and blower were clean it would stop all together.

We used a standard oil separator to see how well it works, but it's not needed. You could use it with or without one, but if you all ready have one it will show you how little oil is coming through the Pre filter. **See first pic below
attachment.php

Anyway, there made from solid, c&c'd billet aluminum and come with the metal filter and rubber grommet for the PCV valve. They will be avaliable in clear (silver) or Black anodize.

Were still finalizing price and waiting on the grommets (should be here this week), but prices will be very low. $50 or under.

Thanks for your time reading and check out the pics.

Jay
attachment.php

attachment.php

moddedmystic

Established Member
Jay have you guys tried adding a fitting to the side of that(near the bottom) and running a second hose to the passenger side too?
Thanks, Mark

Tucker

Thanks guys.
Running a fitting in this will not work as the filter inside is at the bottom of the tube. It would need to be under the filter to work.
Plus 80% of the oil comes from the drivers side PCV.

We run a breather on the passanger side so no oil gets in that side as well. **Please let's not get into a breather < no breather debate** We run them with NO "said" issues ! ;-)

This product will work on the PCV valve side of most vehicles.

Thanks
Jay

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Great idea Jay, I will definitely be ordering one of these. The oil seperators just look crappy IMO, so if this is effective as you say it is, it's worth every penny.

Tucker

Ok, We have all the parts and will start shipping them today. The price will be $47 including shipping to the 48 states. HI, AK and Canada please add $5.00.

Yes it will work with the stock plastic hose, you just need to bring it over the top of the bracket and rotate the elbow it connects to. No problem.
25052-jlt-has-a-pcv-oil-separator-coming-out-soon-oil-filter-015.jpg

This is going to need to be cleaned here and there. I'd say about every oil change. This can just be a added service you do at that time. Just spray it with some degreaser ot brake cleaner and rinse.
It doesn't have the capabilities to stop all the oil, but will greatly reduce the amount going through for sure. If you have a separator now and are ok with it, keep it for a while just to see the amount this help you.

I have mocked it up on the passanger side as well and with some creative hose routing it will work there as well. I have a 90 degree fitting for the top that will help this out for passanger side. If you order 2 I'll make sure the fitting is in the box. Other wise please note to me you need the fitting.

As far as ordering. It's not on the site yet and may take a few days to get there. If you need one, please call with your info or Paypal to [email protected] and make sure to note what the payment is for.

Thanks

Jay Tucker
757 335 1940

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good price Jay!! If I still had my Cobra I'd definitely order one. :)

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Tucker said:
Thanks guys.
Running a fitting in this will not work as the filter inside is at the bottom of the tube. It would need to be under the filter to work.
Plus 80% of the oil comes from the drivers side PCV.

We run a breather on the passanger side so no oil gets in that side as well. **Please let's not get into a breather < no breather debate** We run them with NO "said" issues ! ;-)

This product will work on the PCV valve side of most vehicles.

Thanks
Jay

Jay,
Has anyone talked about needing to adjusting the A/F with this mod?
I know you have to adjust a little for the drivers side breather.

03yellow

Established Member
I'll be getting 2.

I'll use it along with the oil seperator on the drivers side!
I saw the mess the oil made, when they cleaned everything with my ported blower exchange. It was ugly!

Also, I'll feel better getting the breather off the passenger side.

Tucker

Thanks guys, all orders have been shipped. You will be getting them in 3-5 days.

There is no need to adjust the A/F as this is not changing anything in the air flow, but blocking most of the oil.

I believe my oil on start up (mostly warm start up) was due to oil puddling in the intake track and burning when started. This would make since with the amount of oil I have seen on the intercooler and plenium.

Tucker

9svtcobra4 said:
Do we still need the oil seperator with this?
It doesn't have the capabilities to stop all the oil, but will greatly reduce the amount going through for sure. If you have a separator now and are ok with it, keep it for a while just to see the amount this help you.

Users who are viewing this thread