PCV Pre- Filter from JLT, check it out.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Pontisteve said:
But crankcase vapors may be a little more than that. The crankcase is full of contaminants from the combustion process, such as excess fuel and exhaust. Whatever can blow by the rings. That stuff is not so good, and is the very reason why we have a pcv valve in the first place.

That is an inaccurrate statement. PVC stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation. The reason for the PVC system on any engine is to remove the presure created by the spinning of the Crank, Windage. If they did not have the PVC, your engine would blow out the gaskets, the weakest point in the closed system.

The vapors that are being drawn into the intake, and eventually the combustion chamber, are laiden with oil and need to be "cleaned" by whatever means you have available. Now I'm not promoting Tucker's product but I surely don't see any drawbacks to it either. I personally have a Oil Seperator on my car and it works just fine. I wouldn't mind seeing how much less oil is collected by my seperator with this product installed. I think that would be a true test of it's functionality.

I have to agree with a few posters whereby the oil that is collected and returned to the engine is the same oil that is in the oil pan. I don't see how it became acidic all of a sudden in a closed system.

Todd

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
I have been running the oil seperator on the drivers side. I get the same amout in the oil seperator as I did before putting on the pre filter!

Sorry I did not make myself clear on the drivers side issue. The passenger side smoking issue was a secondary statement.

Tucker said:
It's not about taking a beating, it's about all the info.

Stating "they really dont work" because you have smoke is not a fair statement.
Showing how you tested the product with a sererator and the same amount of oil is coming in, then that's documanted proof.

Everyone who has run these with a seperator to "see" the proof has reported back that little or no oil is presant in the tank. Which is what we report.

Your car has miles on it and oil is all over the intercooler, intake, TB, Plenum, rotors and so on. Putting the Pre-Filter WILL NOT clean these parts and stop smoke at start up.
What it WILL do is reduce the amount of oil getting into the intake system through the PCV system.

Running a breather before made it so NO oil was getting into the intake system, so if your blow by is greater then others it just vented into the air and the breather element. Now with the PCV hooked back up and the Pre-Filter doing it's job, it is still filtering 90% of your oil. Your smoke can still be there from the small amount still getting by.

Just to prove me wrong, take off the Pre-Filter and run a seperator to see how much oil you get after 50 miles.
Then put the Pre-Filter on WITH the seperator still there and report the amount of oil after 50 more miles.

I know the answer, but this is best coming from the customer.

Again, this is not a beating session, but a plee to give a product a complete test before you dissmiss it in open forum. This is not alot to ask.

Jay

Last edited:

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
tucker, do you have this item in stock? would i need both the driver and pass. one? or they just as effective using just one for example the driver side?? how hard is it to install? and lastly will it affect the tune?

Tucker

Mr. Freeze said:
tucker, do you have this item in stock? would i need both the driver and pass. one? or they just as effective using just one for example the driver side?? how hard is it to install? and lastly will it affect the tune?
We have them in stock.
There simple to install and will not effect the tune.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread