Gauges - Blue LED

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Wasn't sure if this link made it over here.

http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=19730.0

Finished it tonight with the install of the MGW.

The a-pillar really isn't as bright in person - more of a blue ring - but I'm not a great photographer. :)

pass.jpg

drivers.jpg

driversseat.jpg

Trey, over at SN95 deserves the credit here with this little mod.

Last edited:

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
I'll be doing this in another week or so.

What kind of bulbs do you have in the phantom gauges?

Autometer Blue 3286. Like I said, they're alot more subdued in person - there really is no direct light - just appears like there is from the photos.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
i will be dooing this every soon.. have had all the details from him for quite some time.. me and ciotti will be tackling this project soon

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
wow looks really good, I never woulda thought I would like something like that but it really looks nice

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
The LED's on my cluster and HVAC right now are pretty dim. My question to you is if these new bulbs shine brighter and better than the ones that have been in the car for 14 years.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
The super white LED's will be tons brighter than our 10+ year old incandescent bulbs and they will draw less current and stay nice and cool while they are on.

COBRASVT

Established Member
I'm doing this myself as soon as the LEDs get here. I've been wanting to for a while. This is a very kewl post and great timing.

Has anyone used the blue LEDs? I didn't realize we had the blue film already, so I ordered blue. Didn't pay but $10 for 10, so no biggy if they don't look good. Just wondering if anyone has tried already?

Thx!

And nicely done!

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Holy crap I am so doing this! My cd player is blue and then I will be able to match my gauges perfectly when I do them. THanks!

I just need to figure out what to do with the clock. I think I'll just put a digital AFR gauge in there. I think it's 69clark who has that and it looks awesome too.

Edit: Does this change the color of the needles at all? it would be cool if they were a little more redish...

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Totally doing this as soon as possible. If only I could get the clock and the radio to match.

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
Will be ordering this next week. Should go great with my SVT tach emblem (thanks 006:)) and my hvac white faced gauge insert.

Users who are viewing this thread