Gauges - Blue LED

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I was actually thinking of buying the yellow LED's. I do want it to match the clock pod and the radio.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I was actually thinking of buying the yellow LED's. I do want it to match the clock pod and the radio.

I don't think it would look much different than stock. Maybe it would give a little brighter green though.

DopeStang

Established Member
i ordered the leds last week and put installed them in about half hour. it looks really good a nice blue. Definatly worth the 33 dollars. You want the wled-x5 wide angle led bulb (cool white). what ever color bulb you use just remeber that the odometer is going to light up that color.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i ordered the leds last week and put installed them in about half hour. it looks really good a nice blue. Definatly worth the 33 dollars. You want the wled-x5 wide angle led bulb (cool white). what ever color bulb you use just remeber that the odometer is going to light up that color.

Do the gauges still dim like the stockers?

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Read the link, the How-to.

Everything dims and functions the same as stocks - bulbs are different, that's it.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Crappy pics...but you get the idea...this was the bright white ones. They are darker in real life.

P1010095.gif

P1010095.gif

P1010092.gif

out99sider

Established Member

i was thinking the same thing, just to brighten up everything. let us know if you do this, i would love to see

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
A couple of things..

1.) Can you still dim the lights with the lightknob?

2.)Is the plastic backing of the spedo and tach numbers tinted blue or clear? The only reason I ask is because I was considering using another color besides blue.. which leads me to..

3.) What do you all think about red? Too tacky?

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
If you're going to post questions in a thread, read the thread first as the answers may already be within.

Read the link, the How-to.

Everything dims and functions the same as stocks - bulbs are different, that's it.

The film on the gauges is blue so red LEDs should make purple. You just need to buy 7 white LEDs. NOT BLUE. I guess you could buy blue, but they may not be as bright. Or they could turn out as a darker blue. Everyone that's done it so far has used white for the gauges and HVAC though.

Well, the film is blue.

red + blue = purple

Last edited:

COBRASVT

Established Member
COBRASVT did you order the 10 from ebay? for 10 dollars shipped?

You know it...don't believe in high prices. :D Very good quality too!

Hell, they ALL come from the same plant in China. ;-)

COBRASVT they looks great man. Are they bright enough or no?

Thanks! They are..the only thing I can't see well is the trip odo at night. I'm still going to buy the 5 way ones and see how much better that looks, but these are plenty bright to see by.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited by a moderator:

COBRASVT

Established Member
I just bought these ones.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=200199782326&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=010
Do you think they should be o.k.? They are set-up for the light to come through the sides of the bulb. I figure they won't have any blotchy lighting with bright and dim spots.

Also, those who got there bulbs from Japan/Hong Kong, how long did it take for the bulbs to arrive?

They'll be fine...they should look like mine, but brighter. It takes a couple of weeks for them to arrive.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Also, those who got there bulbs from Japan/Hong Kong, how long did it take for the bulbs to arrive?

I'm guessing you are talking about the super-bright LED site. If so, mine were here in less than a week.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Albino, I was talking about from the link I posted. Not the LED site. the LED site is way more expensive. I got 10 LEDs for $9.98 SHIPPED.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
i was thinking the same thing, just to brighten up everything. let us know if you do this, i would love to see

Will do. I'm going to order the LED's this week and hopefully get around to doing it next Saturday. Don't count on me though, I never get around to doing these kinds of things!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
After I install the dash and A/C bulbs, I think I'm going to replace my interior light, courtesy lights, glove box, and trunk bulbs as well.

The LEDs are CHEAP on Ebay!

Users who are viewing this thread