Gauges - Blue LED

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
I did mine as well on my 02, but the only difference in the way i did it was I actually replaced all the leds in my cluster with blue ones, and it came out pretty bright.

COBRASVT

Established Member
I did mine as well on my 02, but the only difference in the way i did it was I actually replaced all the leds in my cluster with blue ones, and it came out pretty bright.

That's what I'm gonna do. Since I already have the blue ones on order. If it's not bright enough, I'll buy the white ones.

Pics to come when they arive. :rockon:

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I just did mine. It looks good I really like it. I think makes the dash look not as dated. What's not mentioned in that how to is the defroster button. I don't know if 96's are different, but mine lights up green so I need ot order another LED for that. Then I have thought about doing the fog light switch in blue too, but I don't know what lights that up (I'll check my book), and it doesn't reallly matter since it's not on the dash.

I also have the clock pod which of course is still green. I am going to change it out with the wideband a/f digital gauge from dynotune nitrous. It will be red LEDs. One guy on here did it and it looks great. Nice and stockish, but should match the blue well. Thanks for posting this! :thumbsup:

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
I just did mine. It looks good I really like it. I think makes the dash look not as dated. What's not mentioned in that how to is the defroster button. I don't know if 96's are different, but mine lights up green so I need ot order another LED for that. Then I have thought about doing the fog light switch in blue too, but I don't know what lights that up (I'll check my book), and it doesn't reallly matter since it's not on the dash.

I also have the clock pod which of course is still green. I am going to change it out with the wideband a/f digital gauge from dynotune nitrous. It will be red LEDs. One guy on here did it and it looks great. Nice and stockish, but should match the blue well. Thanks for posting this! :thumbsup:

Sweet. Let me know what bulb you use for the defrost button - I just pulled my bulb in the meantime.

albino96

Established Member
Pics please, Albino.
Did you use white or blue?
How long did it take?

I used white, and the gauges came out nice and blue. I don't have any pics, because all I have is my cell phone, but I will try to get my gf's camera sometime this week. I have a blue deck too so it looks pretty good.

Mine took about an hour, but I was messing with the stereo for a long time, since a shop messed up my head unit so the subs don't work :mj:

tjs98gt

Established Member
i will be dooing this every soon.. have had all the details from him for quite some time.. me and ciotti will be tackling this project soon

lemme know how that turns out. ill check it out during one of the cruises. been wanting to do mine for a long time as well

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
leds

so the leds you all are buying are the ones on the very bottom of the first page when you click buy? your getting the cool white for the guage and blue for the hvac?

albino96

Established Member
The film on the gauges is blue so red LEDs should make purple. You just need to buy 7 white LEDs. NOT BLUE. I guess you could buy blue, but they may not be as bright. Or they could turn out as a darker blue. Everyone that's done it so far has used white for the gauges and HVAC though.

tjs98gt

Established Member
The film on the gauges is blue so red LEDs should make purple. You just need to buy 7 white LEDs. NOT BLUE. I guess you could buy blue, but they may not be as bright. Or they could turn out as a darker blue. Everyone that's done it so far has used white for the gauges and HVAC though.

yeah i noticed, i have aftermarket overlays, they are a lighter green than the factory though. i could always take the tint off the back of the overlay but thats a PITA. blue would look funny inside my car. if i end up taking the tint off my overlays i would just use white LEDs so it matches my phantom 2 gauges

Users who are viewing this thread