Gauges - Blue LED

uofipilot

Established Member
Yeah, I'm a tard. Anyway, to those who have done it, is the light "distribution" more even with the LEDs? On my tach (with the stock bulbs) certain parts, like between 4 and 5k rpm seems to be a little dimmer than the rest of the tach. It looks pretty even on the pictures on the first page, but is it?

Thanks.

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
blue leds

i took my fog light switch apart this weekend. why are there two bulbs in the switch? does anyone know the number on the bulb? and the color i will need for the light to look blue? its looks like there is an amber colored film.. thanks.

tjs98gt

Established Member
i took my fog light switch apart this weekend. why are there two bulbs in the switch? does anyone know the number on the bulb? and the color i will need for the light to look blue? its looks like there is an amber colored film.. thanks.

maybe u can remove the film and put in a blue led???

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
rofl

Simple bulb replacement turns into a reconstruction.

I know. When I first read the thread I was picturing wiring and soldering some PC leds in there:rolling: I had no idea they cam in direct replacement bulbs. Got mine ordered up from the ebay just now $11 shipped.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Here's an interesting question...

With this swap, is it possible to change the illumination of the stock radio and CD player to match the dash and instrument cluster?

I won't do it if it isn't possible. It would drive me batshit crazy if they don't match. And don't tell me to buy an aftermarket deck, I don't care about music that much.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Here's an interesting question...

With this swap, is it possible to change the illumination of the stock radio and CD player to match the dash and instrument cluster?

I won't do it if it isn't possible. It would drive me batshit crazy if they don't match. And don't tell me to buy an aftermarket deck, I don't care about music that much.

It wouldn't be worth the trouble. I am not sure about the cd player, but I looked into the clock pod and you have to get a seven segment LED to replace it. I don't know what size you would need and stuff, but I am just putting an Air/fuel gauge there eventually. You might be able to do that with the radio, but when you can get a new one for 100 bucks I wouldn't waste my time. Plus I hated that the stock cd player is separate from the radio.

If you are not willing to change out the deck for some reason, don't do the led thing. They don't look THAT cool.

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
If you are not willing to change out the deck for some reason, don't do the led thing. They don't look THAT cool.

I'll agree with this. I did an 04 center swap and put in a Kenwood deck - the letters on the deck match my clock and the rest of the head unit are blue like the LEDs - so mine matches perfectly. I just don't have the three buttons lit except the fog "on" light.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'll likely buy an aftermarket deck eventually, but you guys get what I'm saying?

Stuff just drives me nuts when it doesn't match. I hadn't even thought about the clock pod. I guess maybe I'll buy some L.E.D's off eBay and see if I can stomach it. After all, it's only $11.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
For the clock has anyone tried putting a blue filter over it??? Just cut out a little piece of something that's blue but see thru and just put it over the dam clock display???

shelbycobra

Established Member
which bulb is brighter

the bulbs for the guages,which will be brighter,the single wedge or the one that has 4 little bulbs on it.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Well I went to order fromt he website in the writeup. Found the bulbs on the order form, they have 2 types of white bulbs listed under the WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb, they have a "COOL WHITE" AND "WARM WHITE". Didnt see a super white listed :/. Which are you guys ordering when getting them from the writeup site? Im guessing warm white?

Last edited:

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
cool white ....installed mine on wed. night ....looks awesome:beer:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
anybody know if this will work with the new edge (99/01) cobra? im really wanting to do this if it does and go with cobalt gauges

it wont in the cluster. there was a thread in the pic section the other day i saw, that a guy took his gt cluster apart and tried. it. the depth for the bulbs is to shallow and wont work. he had pic and all for it, it was a no go. maybe able to do a search on it. i think it was labeled the same as this thread

Users who are viewing this thread