03 Cobra vs 04 Cobra

Addicted2Fun

Established Member
Which is better? I drive a camaro z28 thats decently modded. I take it to the track once in a blue moon. I am just curious, i am thinking about selling my camaro for a cobra. So, I'd just like to hear the feedback of "the terminators" themselves.

For those who are die hard chevy/ford fans, im not one of them. I like like American muscle, chevy, dodge, ford, ect ect... Just looking for points of observation like things breaking down on factory stuff and what. I know almost nothing about the cobra's except for the no dur stuff. If anyone has any questions to kinda narrow it down, id be more then happy to answer.

And oh, this is my first post on the SVTP forums so HEY ALL!! I usually cruise around on ls1tech.com.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
one is a year newer :shrug:.,., other than that, color choice is the only diff :thumbsup:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
The main difference I saw when buying mine was there were substantially fewer '04s on the market and they also wanted a few thousand more. Turns out they produced less than half as many '04s as '03s. Anyway now I'm sure there is little to no price difference as you can find a nice one in either year model.

TrickStang37

Established Member
The plug on the back of the radio is different and the o2 sensors are a little farther back. Some 04's have more spark plug threads too.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Seats color+Exterior paint choices. Few other minor things like the cargo net in the roof panel on the 03 and painted key inserts for the door locks.

Jroc

Established Member
In 03 you could get a Cobra painted Sonic Blue which you couldn't in 04. And while you could only get a 04 Cobra painted Mystichrome and Competition Orange neither are quite as awesome as SB.(and yes SB is infact Blue and not Purple)

Also odd numbers are much cooler than even numbers so 03>04.

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
In 03 you could get a Cobra painted Sonic Blue which you couldn't in 04. And while you could only get a 04 Cobra painted Mystichrome and Competition Orange neither are quite as awesome as SB.(and yes SB is infact Blue and not Purple)

Also odd numbers are much cooler than even numbers so 03>04.

:beer:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
The cats are different
The '04's Mach will play MP3's the "03 wont,
'04, no map or trunk net.
No gas guzzler tax on an '04, '03 does (Same tune?)
Jeff

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Welcome aboard. Follow the link to CobraBob's site and read all about the differences and issues with these beasts. I think you'll find it interesting and worthy of consideration. Best wishes in your search.

Users who are viewing this thread