03 Cobra vs 04 Cobra

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Dont the 04's have the revised heads already on them also?

I went with a late run 04, I think run number 38XX for the simple reason I figured ford would have ironed out all the bugs by then, and sure enough I haven't had any of the issues other people complain about. Knock on wood.

I don't think the 05 revised heads went on any 04's.

Torch Red 10ths FTW!

+1 and they built more 03's for a reason. ;)

Also, I heard Ford ran out of the good parts using them on the 03's and had to use inferior replacement parts for the 04's. ;-)

Last edited:

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
in 03 you could get a cobra painted sonic blue which you couldn't in 04. And while you could only get a 04 cobra painted mystichrome and competition orange neither are quite as awesome as sb.(and yes sb is infact blue and not purple)

also odd numbers are much cooler than even numbers so 03>04.

+1

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
to the original poster.
the generals dead...
Time for a real car , find yourself a clean 03/04 and you will never look back..

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
In 03 you could get a Cobra painted Sonic Blue which you couldn't in 04. And while you could only get a 04 Cobra painted Mystichrome and Competition Orange neither are quite as awesome as SB.(and yes SB is infact Blue and not Purple)

Also odd numbers are much cooler than even numbers so 03>04.

Lay off the crack pipe. :burnout:

I've owned both and they drive exactly the same. I would take the 04 over the 03 as the resale value will always be higher being a year newer, plus the charcoal suede is a no brainer if you have ever had the gray ones. Those dang O2 sensors are a booger (I forgot about them when modding my 04) but other than that, the cars are 99.9% identical.

SB is more awesome than Mystichrome...sheesh maybe the 03's have an exhaust leak I wasn't aware of that kills brains cells :fart:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Nearly all 04s have more spark plug threads, I have a January build date and mine does.
04s have 2 cats instead of 4 in the H pipe w/ sensors mounted further back.

One of the most awesome colors, Sonic blue, isn't available on 04s.

04 PCM tune is different and very few had the stall.

Seat centers have different availability of colors and leather types.

04 has been de-contented:
Doesn't have the trunk cargo net,
No roof map/cargo thingie (I don't even know what one looks like),
Door lock cylinder cover is a plain stainless GT/V6 cover instead of black.
Antenna is stainless also not black, I believe 03s are black.

There may be more but that's all I can think of right now, check out Cobra Bob's web site and FAQs.

They are both a truly fantastic modern day muscle car with fantastic cornering and braking ability for such a simple archaic front suspension design. Ride and creature comforts are decent, IRS goes a long way in seeing to that.

The engine is an ANIMAL! Tiny little forged bottom end 281 cu/inch Roots blown beast that feels stronger than a 408 built SBF except it idles smooth as glass.

My 04 came with 4 cats :shrug:. ( had stock h when i bought it)

Maybe the previous owner changed it?

Addicted2Fun

Established Member
Here's where i am worried. I got a cammed camaro and i get like 15-26mgp (which is feather footing it) if im hauling arse everywhere i go, maybe something like 9-14? How bout you guys?

lilb_svt

Established Member
My 04 came with 4 cats :shrug:. ( had stock h when i bought it)

Maybe the previous owner changed it?

4 cats here....
OH yeah and the 04 gets way better MPG....j/k

This has now turned in to the battle of apples vs apples!!! who do you think will win.... apples or apples???
This poor guy wants info and hes getting nothing but :bs:
I just got the 04 because it's just way faster and much better.
I've never heard of an 04 with the tick.

Last edited:

venamous01

Established Member
the pinion angle is different on the 04's, also the yellow in 03 is piss yellow and 04's had a darker yellow

also i heard about them having a different kind of bushing somewhere but i dont remembe where

SpectorV

Established Member
the 04's are more rare as they made much less, overall if I had to do it over I would get an 04 for the head thread count alone (but I would make sure it had more threads :) )

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
eatdrink.gif

Addicted2Fun

Established Member
Hey good info from all though. I appreciate everyone opinion in all of this. Just not really sure if i want to switch quite yet. But, definatly intrested thats for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread