03 Cobra vs 04 Cobra

Jroc

Established Member
I want to say I've heard that the 04's had a different pinion angle on the rearend because the 03's was off a little. Can anyone clarify this, or an I just wrong?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The plug on the back of the radio is different and the o2 sensors are a little farther back. Some 04's have more spark plug threads too.

Nearly all 04s have more spark plug threads, I have a January build date and mine does.
EDIT cat comment : WRONG! SORRY!
One of the most awesome colors, Sonic blue, isn't available on 04s.

04 PCM tune is different and very few had the stall.

Seat centers have different availability of colors and leather types.

04 has been de-contented:
Doesn't have the trunk cargo net,
No roof map/cargo thingie (I don't even know what one looks like),
Door lock cylinder cover is a plain stainless GT/V6 cover instead of black.
Antenna is stainless also not black, I believe 03s are black.

There may be more but that's all I can think of right now, check out Cobra Bob's web site and FAQs.

They are both a truly fantastic modern day muscle car with fantastic cornering and braking ability for such a simple archaic front suspension design. Ride and creature comforts are decent, IRS goes a long way in seeing to that.

The engine is an ANIMAL! Tiny little forged bottom end 281 cu/inch Roots blown beast that feels stronger than a 408 built SBF except it idles smooth as glass.

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Nearly all 04s have more spark plug threads, I have a January build date and mine does.
04s have 2 cats instead of 4 in the H pipe w/ sensors mounted further back.

One of the most awesome colors, Sonic blue, isn't available on 04s.

04 PCM tune is different and very few had the stall.

Seat centers have different availability of colors and leather types.

04 has been de-contented:
Doesn't have the trunk cargo net,
No roof map/cargo thingie (I don't even know what one looks like),
Door lock cylinder cover is a plain stainless GT/V6 cover instead of black.
Antenna is stainless also not black, I believe 03s are black.

There may be more but that's all I can think of right now, check out Cobra Bob's web site and FAQs.

They are both a truly fantastic modern day muscle car with fantastic cornering and braking ability for such a simple archaic front suspension design. Ride and creature comforts are decent, IRS goes a long way in seeing to that.

The engine is an ANIMAL! Tiny little forged bottom end 281 cu/inch Roots blown beast that feels stronger than a 408 built SBF except it idles smooth as glass.

And that about sums it up.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Agreed with the earlier post saying the 04s are few thousand more...but I went ahead and got a meticulously owned 03 with very low mileage...

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
03's are faster because Ford wanted the anniversry year to be better than the follow up.:poke:

03's also have the AWESOME net thingy on the head liner that is absolutely useless, but adds about 40 RWHP:rockon:

Just kidding... Coming from what you last drove, you can't go wrong with either year. Find a good, well maintained 03/04 and enjoy it. You won't notice any of the differences and passing one that would other wise be a good deal, based on the year alone, will only make you kick yourself in the end.

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
What I have noticed is 03 clutch is harder to push in , shifter feels better and the seats are more comfortable and also that the battery is different 03 has a sticker on top and 04 doesn't. My 04 has 9500 miles on it and my friends 03 10th has 40,000 and I like the way all the above feels in his care better than mine.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Dont the 04's have the revised heads already on them also?

I went with a late run 04, I think run number 38XX for the simple reason I figured ford would have ironed out all the bugs by then, and sure enough I haven't had any of the issues other people complain about. Knock on wood.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Well obviously stay away from the 03's because they make the owners say some wierd things. Must be from some serious exhaust leaks because I heard the assembly line air compressor wasn't putting out the right amount of psi for the pneumatic tools it was running:eek:. From what the guy told me the damn cars might just fall apart.

I mean where do these 03 owners come up with these stupid claims:shrug:? That's why I didn't get one:burn:.

Just go find you a nice Redfire 04 and you'll be set.:thumbsup:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Old men drive corvettes, get it right. Young punks drive cobras, havent you checked ls1tech lately.

Users who are viewing this thread