Kb 2.1

Ianman87

Established Member
Is there anyone on here with any experience / knowledge of the KB 2.1 for our cars? I know the vortech kits make may more top end but.. Something draws me to roots systems. Obnoxious stoplight power I guess.

bumsoil

Established Member
I really want a KB. Been reading and talking to people. Everyone with one that owns one loves it. They make a lot less power. But they do it throughout the rpm range. So they move out. The only issue is a lack of a intercooler. So they heat soak.

I will probably end up with a centri because I really want the option to intercool.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
its extremely hard to dig any any decent dyno runs of a 2.1 b headed Cobra. i wouldreally like to see a basically stock engine with a 2.1 dyno. ive read anywhere from 350-375whp is the norm, cant find torque figures though.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
The KB is fun due to the flat torque curve. I can consistently spank most of the local M3s which was the objective. It is safe on a stock bottom end if you aren't too aggressive with trying to make power with the tune. I have been running a conservative tune for years on a stock bottom end and the engine has held up well. I make 342hp/357 ft-lbs.

I run a PLX-DM200 OBD2 gauge that lets me watch my IATs when it gets hot outside. I take it easy on the WOT runs when they start hitting close to 250*F, but that is surprisingly rare these days here in Norcal. Meth injection would help with the heat soak a lot, but the CA smog Nazis don't allow that here.

I can guarantee that owning one will make you want MORE! That's why there's a Teksid Terminator on the engine stand in my garage. :)

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Responded to your PM, OP. Love my Kenne Bell, I don't regret buying it. It's a lot of fun especially on the street. I don't have to ring out the RPM's to make power it packs a hell of a punch at any RPM.

Depending on what your use is going to be I will highly recommend injecting it to keep the IAT's down. I will be having my manifolds fabricated by 92rohcp on Corral to allow me to run an air-to-air setup when I have the time and funds to have him do the work. He has done many Fox Body cars but I do not know if he would undertake a 4v project.

But seriously, check this shit out:

DIY Kenne Bell Fox air to air intercooler build list.

KBintercooler051.jpg

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
Replied to your PM also. I didn't like the idea of a new v6 running or outrunning my cobra. at 6psi the car feels like it has a big block in it. I have a low mile car in good shape, 52k miles. i drive it daily in the summer but not far daily. i have the goods(meth, lmaf 42lb inj, 4.10s) and pulleys to run the boost up to say 9-10 psi, but i just play it safe at 6 and enjoy it. when its cool outside you can feel the difference. some day i may turn it up. but id guess that might get me 60 rwhp tops. since i want to keep my stock bottom end in good shape. i just run 6 psi, i feel safe with it there and im satisfied with the kb. if i were going built short block and wanted to have big #s. id go centri. kb has 0 lag boost is instant. hope that helps you.

laddanator

Established Member
Responded to your PM, OP. Love my Kenne Bell, I don't regret buying it. It's a lot of fun especially on the street. I don't have to ring out the RPM's to make power it packs a hell of a punch at any RPM.

Depending on what your use is going to be I will highly recommend injecting it to keep the IAT's down. I will be having my manifolds fabricated by 92rohcp on Corral to allow me to run an air-to-air setup when I have the time and funds to have him do the work. He has done many Fox Body cars but I do not know if he would undertake a 4v project.

My Cobra has been rebuilt 7,500 miles ago with all forged internals and I am running a Paxton setup now. Can you get a bigger boost pulley for the 2.1 Kenne Bells? 6 is nice but my car could handle 10

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
My Cobra has been rebuilt 7,500 miles ago with all forged internals and I am running a Paxton setup now. Can you get a bigger boost pulley for the 2.1 Kenne Bells? 6 is nice but my car could handle 10

Absolutely my friend. My particular blower can support up to 18 psi.

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member

If i had your short block id run more then #10 w/paxton or the kb. Id just use more octane. w/kb you could run a lot more boost.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
If i had your short block id run more then #10 w/paxton or the kb. Id just use more octane. w/kb you could run a lot more boost.

There's only so much power one needs on the street I guess. Bearing in mind that traction with a twin-screw is an issue at a certain power level as opposed to a centri.

Last edited:

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
I have an issue with giving up 60-90whp to gain 50wtq down low. I would suppose a 1/4 mile race would be close between a kb and a centri but a roll race would be a slaughter past one gear change. I se a kb car jumping a car then getting freighttrained after one gear shift. Seeing how the vast majority of races are roll races (like it or not), the centri becomes a better choice.

bumsoil

Established Member
I have an issue with giving up 60-90whp to gain 50wtq down low. I would suppose a 1/4 mile race would be close between a kb and a centri but a roll race would be a slaughter past one gear change. I se a kb car jumping a car then getting freighttrained after one gear shift. Seeing how the vast majority of races are roll races (like it or not), the centri becomes a better choice.

I agree with this. But when you only plan to make high 300's anyways the KB is still a good choice.

4valved

Banned
Just got rid of a kb 2.1 cause I got a deal from a friend for a Paxton blower.. I don't regret it one bit.

Prototype007

Established Member
I'm still waiting to see more results on here of people using the 2.1 KB and E85 together!

Has anyone on here even attempted to make an intercooler for the 2.1? I just don't see how they can make all these adapters out there to mix and match modular parts with, but no one produces an adapter to use some sort of an intercooler/heat exchanger.

Last edited:

bumsoil

Established Member
I'm still waiting to see more results on here of peopleg the 2.1 KB and E85 together!

Has anyone on here even attempted to make an intercooler for the 2.1? I just don't see how they can make all these adapters out there to mix and match modular parts with, but no one produces an adapter to use some sort of an intercooler/heat exchanger.

Someone made one. I'll see if I can find it. It worked. But was kinda ghetto.

They could put one in their relativity easily. Idk why they did not.

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If your looking for a good street blower this blower works real well with the nice flat low end torque curve. We sell quite a few of them and offer 0% financing on them for up to 1 year :)

Users who are viewing this thread