Kb 2.1

laddanator

Established Member
yes, i had huge problems with my kb having iats over 200* at wot... And i did make a phenolic intercooler for a b headed kb. my setup worked vary well and i had alot of people contacting me to make them. the phenolic transfers vary little heat so it would keep the blower cooler, then i had a cooler between the 2 pieces of phenolic with lines leading to a front mount and pump.. i managed to get my iat around 150 pretty steady and cruising would see 130-135, then i had meth also spraying at wot and managed to get down to 115* or lower. I would say it was the highest whp 1.5 around, i think my last dyno when i had the car was 490whp if im not mistaken, yours is a 2.1 so you would make even more. i can look for pics and post them if your interested.

I would like more info on this also.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Sorry guys I haven had a chance to get pics up. But I have a bunch of the intercooler setup I made out of phenolic... If I email the pictures to someone can they post them for me? I still have no idea how to post them, I have them in photo bucket and hit img button in post then copy the link? And it will show all the pics on here? Thanks I hope someone thinks about making the setup I had because its well worth it..

bumsoil

Established Member
Sorry guys I haven had a chance to get pics up. But I have a bunch of the intercooler setup I made out of phenolic... If I email the pictures to someone can they post them for me? I still have no idea how to post them, I have them in photo bucket and hit img button in post then copy the link? And it will show all the pics on here? Thanks I hope someone thinks about making the setup I had because its well worth it..

I always just use use the main image link meant for personal use

Prototype007

Established Member

If you'd like to email it to me I'll gladly find a way to post it up for you.

[email protected]

Stolen 98

Established Member
Anyone know if you can you still buy a NEW KB 2.1 for the 96-98 Cobra? I was at a show this weekend and was told they are no longer in production for our cars...

laddanator

Established Member
busta, what size pulley are you running on yours. Like I said, if I get one, all I really want is a 10-11 psi range.

Also been reading that 10 plus boost, Kenne Bell recommends you change pulls out to the 8 rib.

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
busta, what size pulley are you running on yours. Like I said, if I get one, all I really want is a 10-11 psi range.

Also been reading that 10 plus boost, Kenne Bell recommends you change pulls out to the 8 rib.

I'm using a 3 3/8" pulley for 6lbs. Let me know what size pulley they tell you that you need because I have 3 that I'm not using.

laddanator

Established Member
I'm using a 3 3/8" pulley for 6lbs. Let me know what size pulley they tell you that you need because I have 3 that I'm not using.

I will. I thought it was 2 7/8 but that maybe too small. It may be 3 for 10 psi. Can you really tell a difference? I have a Paxton Novi now

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Give me a little more details on your build, boost will vary between applications. I still have a stock 302 with the 5.85" crank pulley. Kenne Bell estimates that the difference in power for my application for each 1psi of increased boost is 12-15hp, but depending on your mods it could be greater.

wildman97

Established Member
Here are the intercooler pics that "mystickb1996" sent me.
photo6_zps1697d5c2.png

photo3_zpsd468f5f8.jpg

photo2_zps8b59888f.jpg

intercooler4_zps92beb848.jpg

intercooler2_zpsfed8edaa.jpg

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I would definitely like more details on how to do this. What type of phenolic sheets did you use? I think this could be my new winter project!

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
^^^ Im not to sure what he used, but i am hoping he chimes in.

Now that I think about it though, it seems like a more realistic approach based on the way that the 96-98 lower intake is designed as opposed to the GT40 lower that I use on my '94.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Hey guys this is my intercooled setup that I made. And if there is enough interest I would consider making a run of 10 or so of them. I also made it the size you see because at the time i was running a stock hood, and with vary minor modification by the tb this will fit a stock hood. For those of you running a cowl hood and can clear more I would consider a 2 1/2in setup. If people have any questions let me know

Thanks
Alex

Stolen 98

Established Member
I contacted KB and they are still producing the 96-98 Cobra Kits. The 99-01 kits are no longer in production.

laddanator

Established Member
Hey guys this is my intercooled setup that I made. And if there is enough interest I would consider making a run of 10 or so of them. I also made it the size you see because at the time i was running a stock hood, and with vary minor modification by the tb this will fit a stock hood. For those of you running a cowl hood and can clear more I would consider a 2 1/2in setup. If people have any questions let me know

Thanks
Alex

I don't have a Kenne Bell yet but I would like one. Are you pumping water through the coil? With some kinda of pump? I have a 95 Cobra R 3inch Cowl hood.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread