LED fog light bulbs installed

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
So I picked up some LED fog light bulbs for the Shelby. They fit great and look good. I have a 6k hid kit for the headlights in the mail and should be done by the weekend. These have low run temps and will not mount the housing.

ffcf680f.jpg

1b57cf09.jpg

52e77f09.jpg

Stock bulb
ec43b705.jpg

LED
9fd2bb12.jpg

dfa3db8b.jpg

95915e97.jpg

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
LED's usually don't throw out the light the same distance.

Have you noticed any decrease?

Zak can tell you his experience but the general consensus on team Shelby is it's no less and no more. About the same as stock

Sent from my IPhone 5

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Well I put them in today and since it was raining pretty good the car stayed in the garage. It lit up the cabinets fairly decent. But these weren't purchased for total functionality but more for aesthetics. I have always wanted HID's but could never find a reliable source to swap the fogs with. A. I defiantly wasn't interested in melting my factory housings either. So as long as the lights shine about 5' in front of the car and a few feet out to the side I will be happy. Plus for $30 you can't beat it

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Well I put them in today and since it was raining pretty good the car stayed in the garage. It lit up the cabinets fairly decent. But these weren't purchased for total functionality but more for aesthetics. I have always wanted HID's but could never find a reliable source to swap the fogs with. A. I defiantly wasn't interested in melting my factory housings either. So as long as the lights shine about 5' in front of the car and a few feet out to the side I will be happy. Plus for $30 you can't beat it

Yah i think how the subject came up originally was guys were trying to match their fogs to the stock HIDS not really gain any more useable light.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
So this is plug and play? If so that's awsome!! Seem to match stock hids pretty well.
About a half hour to install you think?

Literally took me 15 min with taking pictures an all. Jacked up one side, slid under with the creeper and a light and popped them right out and swapped the new ones right in. Super easy and looked great

svtmadman

Established Member
Just ordered mine! Thanks for the thread...i've been studying on this for some time now. I did see a guy ruin his housings running a hot HID kit on his super snake. This will work great. Im like you and not so much for function as for looks.

Users who are viewing this thread