LED fog light bulbs installed

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
zporta yeah you should have charged for information lol... ordered mine!!! except i don't have the factory HIDs i have a ddmtuning kit and the fogs just didn't match exactly right but i went lower wattage as to not melt the housing, spending the $30 to see if I can match the head lights... thanks again for the link

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
what ddm kit do you have? i ordered a 35w 6000k kit from them. Do you have pictures of both of them on?

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
what ddm kit do you have? i ordered a 35w 6000k kit from them. Do you have pictures of both of them on?

i have the 55w 5000K for the head lights (and i like the color and light output) and 35w 5000K for the fogs (not quite the same color and i'm anal so i don't turn them on anymore), will try and get pictures

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
i have the 55w 5000K for the head lights (and i like the color and light output) and 35w 5000K for the fogs (not quite the same color and i'm anal so i don't turn them on anymore), will try and get pictures

i had the ddm 5000k in my 04 cobra and they were perfect in all aspects. In the past i've tried 8000k, 6000k, and 5000k. 5000k easily looked the best color wise and for visibility. I had them in my heads and fogs as well. They were pretty close in color.

Last edited:

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
i had the ddm 5000k in my 04 cobra and they were perfect in all aspects. In the past i've tried 8000k, 6000k, and 5000k. 5000k easily looked the best color wise and for visibility. I had them in my heads and fogs as well. They were pretty close in color.

yeah i love the color, i don't know why they look different they are supposed to be the same temp. at some distances they look the same color but more often then not they dont.

can slightly see the diff
IMAG0346.jpg

headlight color (lens is tinted)
IMAG0347.jpg

can note the the more "yellow" color on the fogs
IMAG0348.jpg

fog light output on the ground, not sure if you wanted but did for shitz and giggles
IMAG0349.jpg

and the headlight output with tinted headlights
IMAG0350.jpg

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
i dont think your fogs are 5000k. they look like 4300k

thats what i was thinking, unfortunately i didn't pick up on the color difference until long after i purchased them so I wasn't going to bother ddm with it. So i'm going with these LEDs and maybe they will look better. If not i'll continue to run just head lights :shrug:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
thats what i was thinking, unfortunately i didn't pick up on the color difference until long after i purchased them so I wasn't going to bother ddm with it. So i'm going with these LEDs and maybe they will look better. If not i'll continue to run just head lights :shrug:

if the leds dont work out for you which i think they will, you always have the option of just replacing the hid bulbs in your fog lights. You already have the ballasts and everything so pick up some 5000k or 6000k hid bulbs in the correct size. Should be plug and play

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
if the leds dont work out for you which i think they will, you always have the option of just replacing the hid bulbs in your fog lights. You already have the ballasts and everything so pick up some 5000k or 6000k hid bulbs in the correct size. Should be plug and play

yep if they don't work out someday i'll just buy new bulbs from ddm and make sure they are 5000k and it will be just plug and play. Love my DDM kit :beer:

jfitts23

Established Member
just got mine in today and put them in. they look great a little on the blueish side though. but looks better than stock. thanks for showing us this upgrade.

gt500vert

Established Member
OH yea...I'm in on the order from EBay too. I have nice new shiny housings now that the HID bulbs melted my original ones....
Thanks!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i installed my ddm HID kit today. I would say its a pretty damn close match. I would have to take a picture at night to really see the colors.

f5a97567.jpg

2d0877cb.jpg

9f91b646.jpg

Steve@BAS

Established Member
China just got some of my money too. Can't wait to get them in. How long did it take most of you to get them from this shipper?

Users who are viewing this thread