LED fog light bulbs installed

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
This might sound like a stupid question, but there's method to my madness; what is the draw difference between the stock bulbs and the LED's on the charging system? Any idea? I would think it would be considerably less right?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
5spd07gt, I'll be "that guy" and ask. What's with the "Sent from Iphone 5" at the bottom your posts? Did you get some kind of pre-release model, or is that some kind of spoof app or something?

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
5spd07gt, I'll be "that guy" and ask. What's with the "Sent from Iphone 5" at the bottom your posts? Did you get some kind of pre-release model, or is that some kind of spoof app or something?

just using tapatalk and modified its default signatuer. in other words its just me being stupid.

I'm not sure what the draw is on the led bulbs but they do burn a lot cooler and eliminate the risk of melting your housings.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Pistol are you worried about needing resistors? That is the one thing I forgot to check

Carlos c

Established Member
Well I put them in today and since it was raining pretty good the car stayed in the garage. It lit up the cabinets fairly decent. But these weren't purchased for total functionality but more for aesthetics. I have always wanted HID's but could never find a reliable source to swap the fogs with. A. I defiantly wasn't interested in melting my factory housings either. So as long as the lights shine about 5' in front of the car and a few feet out to the side I will be happy. Plus for $30 you can't beat it

07-09 Mustang Shelby GT-500 Fog Light Slim Ballast HID Kit [5202] - $120.00 : www.HIDGuy.net - Xentec Slim HID kits and AutoVizion Slim HID Kits ; Lifetime Warranty Digital Xentec and AutoVizion Slim Ballast HID kits, HID Bulbs, HID ballasts, H1, H3,

I read up somewhere on this 25w HID set being used but did not follow up to see if the housing was still melting. But like you said....can't beat the LEDs for $30.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
My stock housings melted...so I went and bought the glass lens, metal housing optilux fog lights and fitted my hids in them but never got around to installing them. I'm actually about to sell them and my hid kit for them and buy some new stock gt500 fog lights and just go this route. Less headache.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I ordered a set when i ran across this thread. Came in today and threw them in. Look pretty amazing! I would confuse them with HIDs if i didnt know they were LEDs

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Got mine today.

Here's the pics. I love 'em! Thanks for the info!
Ryan

100_6197.jpg

100_6199.jpg

100_6200.jpg

100_6205.jpg

100_6206.jpg

100_6207.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread