Pulled the motor tonight

RussZTT

Established Member
Didn't take many pics but here is my start. This has 25K on the motor. Don't boost in 5th and 6th gear. Got a Teksid block already and going to build that. Will post pics of the tear down and build up and what the piston looks like. Oh, the tape on the car is so I wouldn't scratch it.

P5315253.gif

P5315254.gif

P5315255.gif

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Don't leave that yellow masking tape in too long, it will be a real pain in the a$$ to get off and leave a lot of crusty residue. Don't ask me how I know.

97cobra1

Established Member
So i'm kinda curious about that little sneaky TT300 back there. I see a front mount... Any info on it? Always loved those cars. Sorry for the hijack lol.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Cool man I'd be doing the same soon enough. Can't wait, it'll be a PITA but worth it. :rockon:

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Don't leave that yellow masking tape in too long, it will be a real pain in the a$$ to get off and leave a lot of crusty residue. Don't ask me how I know.

Thats what I was thinking, should have gone with the blue/ painters tape.
Crazy expensive but more chance of coming off without taking anything with it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you just run out of the blue tape and switch to the yellow? I do like, though, how careful you were to cover everything. Best of luck with your motor project. Should be a killer power plant when you're done.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Maybe he'll just remove it after pulling the motor and retape.
Atleast thats wwhat I'm hoping.

RussZTT

Established Member
haha ya the tape is coming off today. Just put it on for the pull and I did run out of painters tape.

The 300 I actually just put the motor in the day after the Cobra motor went. I rebuilt it about 3,000 miles ago. Put the stock one back in because I sold the 720hp motor that I put in it. The motor was a .20 over, JE Pistons, Eagle rods, ported and polished heads and plenum. Tubular manifolds, TD05h twin turbo kit with 720cc injectors, NA rear diff, with 100shot.

I'm going to port the Eaton myself to play around with it. My goal with the car is to put a twin turbo kit on it but thats me just talking for now. However, I want to build it to think im going turbo down the road incase I really do.

echo412

Established Member
russ those pics came out pretty good. You should take more pictures when you are breaking the motor apart

forcefedcobra

Established Member
nice pics and goodluck with the build. I'll be pulling mine before long. I'll be dropping mine out with the stock k member along with everything else under the car. I'm holding off until after summer because it is just too darn hot around here right now.

RussZTT

Established Member
Here's the culprit...

P6215274.gif

P6215278.gif

P6215279.gif

P6215306.gif

P6215308.gif

P6215304.gif

Now time to get the heads to the machine shop and checked out. Going to go ahead and get new OEM valve seals, guides and obviously new valves for that cylinder.

Last edited:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Did you just run out of the blue tape and switch to the yellow? I do like, though, how careful you were to cover everything. Best of luck with your motor project. Should be a killer power plant when you're done.

Couldn't agree more with you Bob regarding the time he took to tape it off to avoid scratching or scuffing the finish. That blue tape works very well to prevent blemishing the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread