Pulled the motor tonight

RussZTT

Established Member
lol THat's funny. That's the exact build I have at the machine shop right now. Make sure to do main studs and head studs! Studded teksid build with JE pistons will take some abuse!!!

Ya already got all the ARP studs. I went with CP pistons instead of JE's. :beer:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Now would be a good time to have your injectors tested, and replaced if necessary.

Good luck with the new build.

RussZTT

Established Member
Now would be a good time to have your injectors tested, and replaced if necessary.

Good luck with the new build.
Thanks. Already got a set of 60's :beer: Don't think I will need them so I may sell them. :shrug:

RussZTT

Established Member
Ok, should be getting my Teksid shortblock back next week from Al :rockon:. Been purchasing parts to put it back together. So far I got...

Gasket kit
ARP headstuds
Head cooling mod
Spec 3+ clutch kit (26 spline)
Mafia
Got brand new 60lb injectors but not going to use them, staying stock
Im porting the Eaton myself

So far I still need to get...

26 spline input shaft
BAP

Anything else you guys can think of that I may be missing or should get while the engine is still out?

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Ok, should be getting my Teksid shortblock back next week from Al :rockon:. Been purchasing parts to put it back together. So far I got...

Gasket kit
ARP headstuds
Head cooling mod
Spec 3+ clutch kit (26 spline)
Mafia
Got brand new 60lb injectors but not going to use them, staying stock
Im porting the Eaton myself

So far I still need to get...

26 spline input shaft
BAP

Anything else you guys can think of that I may be missing or should get while the engine is still out?

Russ, why not go with the 60# injectors if you already have them? When I had my ported Eaton (with a 2.76 upper), I maxxed out my stock injectors at around 6100 RPM. :shrug:

Russ

RussZTT

Established Member
Russ, why not go with the 60# injectors if you already have them? When I had my ported Eaton (with a 2.76 upper), I maxxed out my stock injectors at around 6100 RPM. :shrug:

Russ
Oh really? Guess that was my thought because I read alot where guys with ports only use a bap and thats it? :shrug: Guess I'll throw them in

RussZTT

Established Member
how much did you pick up the teksid block for? good luck on your build.
You can usually find them for about $300 plus shipping. I got mine for little more but it was already .20 over (fresh), ARP main studs and the mains were alignhoned. :beer:

RussZTT

Established Member
Short block is done. Hopefully should be getting it this weekend or next week. Only thing I need now is a BAP but I can still break the car in without that for now.

RussZTT

Established Member
Great! So you finally got ahold of them to pick it up?
Man its like pulling teeth with them. I have spoken to Kris a few times, he said he is just waiting for it to stop raining so he can get it from Al. However, all the text, emails and messages I left Al in the last month, he has net to call me back. :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread