True Forged hood vent Group Buy****

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ok, lets do this thing! :thumbsup:

GB price, with pre-payment in full.
$125 shipped frames only
screens $10 per pair (for this speed grill style screen. we may add more later. we're working on it). pick up an extra pair of screens for $10 more if you like :beer:

after the GB the price (leftover sets) will be $150 shipped for the frames and $10 for these speed grill style screens.

for this low price im asking paypal payments to add 3%, or you can send a check or money order and save the 3%.

both the frames and the screen will come standard with a brushed finish.
available optional finishes, on both the frames and the screen, will include:
powdercoated: any color you want but no color matching (satin black, flat black, gloss black, anthracite, red, blue, white, pink, etc...
chrome
black chrome
polished
oem paint matched (pricey but available)

Prices on finishes.
unfortunately the cost of having them black chrome ceramic coated, real chrome and real black chrome are a lot more than i expected. you could however, only have the surface frames coated and leave the underhood pieces raw aluminum if you wanted to save a few bucks. you wont see the underhood pieces with the hood closed, nor the surface pieces when it opened (from underneath). in other words, half the frames coated, for half the price.

Polished finish:
frames only $20 for all four frame pieces (top and bottom). top only would be $10 for the top pair
screens are $10 for the pair

Clear ceramic coat:
if you wanted to clear coat the polished pieces to keep them buff free or want to clear coat the brushed or raw aluminum finish, it's $20 to clear coat the frames (all 4 pieces) and $10 to clear coat the screens.

Powdercoating:
gloss or satin black is $20 for the frames (all four pieces) and $20 for the screens. any other colors would probably cost a few bucks more since they'd have to set up specifically for that color. black is very common and done all the time. they said they want to sandblast the pieces and then there's all the set up so its not that bad of a price considering all the set up involved.

Black chrome ceramic coating:
this is a clear ceramic coating that is tinted with black powder to look like black chrome. looks pretty much the same. parts need to be polished first, then cleared. $40 to do the frames (all four) and $30 to do the screens.

Chrome plating:
this stuff is expensive. more than i thought it would be. it's going to be around $30 per frame piece ($120 for all four) and about $30 per screen, if even possible. i left the shop a set for them to try it out and give a better estimate of the cost. HOPEFULLY, it will be even cheaper, but i cant say right now. he said he should know by tomorrow afternoon. he said the screens might be too thin to chrome. he also said he needs to see how much is involved with doing these. so that's a very good guesstimate of the price right now, per the chrome shop. (id pretty much recommend just going with the polished stuff, maybe cleared too if youre concerned about maintenance).

REAL black chrome:
even more expensive than the chroming. its chroming, plus some tinted powdercoating laid over it (from what i recall). probably about $10 more per piece. 4 frame pieces, 2 screen pieces, you do the math :read: ($80 for black chrome ceramic chrome doesnt seem so expensive now eh?)

oem paint matched:
no that anyone expressed any interest in this but it would probably be around $100. need to get the oem paint, sand blast the parts, prep for paint, shoot the paint. and painters are cheap :read:

these are the prices WE pay for this. there is NO mark up on these finishes. we make our pennies on the actual construction of the frames/screens. we just offer you the finishes as an option to you guys.

these pics dont really do these things justice. very hard to shoot, and it was at night. they look SICK though. its hard enough for me just to look at these pics and figure out which is which, lol. you might have to use some imagination if you cant tell either. i had to send these samples back for some more finish sampling and to give to the machine shop to get started on the batch, so its all the pics i could take.

polished frames with satin black mesh:
IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0324-1.jpg

IMG_0325-1.jpg

IMG_0322-1.jpg

polished frames with polished mesh:
IMG_0330.jpg

satin black frames with satin black screens:
IMG_0327-1.jpg

satin black frames with polished screens:
IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

brushed and cleared frames with black screens:
IMG_0332.jpg

brushed and cleared frames with polished screens:
IMG_0331.jpg

the satin black and polished pieces in these pics were not clear coated. clear coating satin black will pretty much make it gloss black.

for my own car, im going with satin black frames and mesh with some spare polished mesh in case of a mood change :dancenana:

*note* you can see in some of the pics that some of the mesh screen is sitting below the frame. that's just laziness when i took the pics :read: they are a PERFECT fit. these are the exact same set that was shown mounted on my car.

Payment:
Paypal: please send payments plus 3% to [email protected]

checks/money order: please send to:
True Forged
PO Box 3392
Winnetka, CA 91396

PLEASE include ALL of the following with your payment (either PP or check/MO)
1. first and last name
2. SVTP username
3. email address
4. home phone number
5. shipping address
6. what exactly you ordering. please list ALL details or it may delay your particular order as i dont like to assume-and-ship.

****please state exactly what type of finish. if black, just dont say "black" but FLAT black, SATIN black, or GLOSS black. flat black will look like your tires, very flat with NO shine whatsoever. Satin black is a matte finish, like most of the wheels we do. and if you want them in RAW finish, please state if you want them brushed or actually in raw aluminum finish.

example:
1. John Coletti
2. Terminatorman
3. [email protected]
4. 555-555-5555
5. 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Anytown, BFE 91210

6. i am ordering a complete set of hood vents with an extra set of mesh screens. $135
please do the frames in polished finish WITH clear ceramic coating (both top and bottom frames). $40
one set of mesh screens in polished finish (no clear coating) $10
one set of mesh screens in satin black finish $20

total: $205 shipped plus 3% for paypal fees $211

shipping with be via usps with insurance. i can ship to canada, AFO or to someone else as a gift. just specify in your payment details. Canadian buyers please add $10 for shipping.

please quote and add your username to the list. fee free to type what options youre getting but thats just to show others what people are going with. the info ill need will need to accompany your payment.

Im cutting this GB pricing off friday, November 28th. after that, they'll be $150 plus as mentioned at the top of this thread. so dont wait! :read:

IMG_9508.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
all current and past TF wheel customers (and SVTP moderators) who purchased their wheels from me directly will receive a $10 discount :beer:

unfortunately at this low low price i cannot offer any additional discounts to anyone else. :read:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if you have any questions on this please post them here or email me at [email protected]. my pm box keeps filling up and i need to get to it :bash::read::p

Yaadman_GT

Yaadman_GT
Established Member
Steve.....Can I get a set for free to match my Chicanes???!!! And make some side scoop vents too and maybe even some front upper and lower grilles!!!

Franz

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve.....Can I get a set for free to match my Chicanes???!!! And make some side scoop vents too and maybe even some front upper and lower grilles!!!

Franz

irie irie now mon. me no can gib you dem grills fa free mon but me can gib you a good price :beer:

we considered making some side scoop vents but im not sure we can make them and compete with the price that the Fore versions are sold for. possibly in the future.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
wow those look awesome Steve. Id grab a set but for some reason I already owe you money lol.

Kickass vents FTW!

sassafras

Established Member
1. jt239 [1 set, both frame and screen in satin black]
2. 03SVTCOBRA10TH (frames and screen in satin black Powder coat)
3. sassafras (frames and screens in satin black, plus 1 extra pair of screens polished and cleared)

I second some side scoop vents. You can compete with fiore by not anodizing them and powder coating them so that they'll actually stay black.

Edit: It's really hard getting all that information in on paypal when they only give you a 300 character limit. Let me know if you don't understand what it says.

Paypal sent 11/17

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I second some side scoop vents. You can compete with fiore by not anodizing them and powder coating them so that they'll actually stay black.

i dont know man....$69 is pretty damn cheap, lol. hell it would cost us at least $30 to have them powdercoated. im not sure what design we could do either other than a flat billet piece. if we were to drill it with speed grill holes like these vents, you'd see the crap behind them. unless we put a flat thin sheet of metal (in black) behind them. maybe we could get an interest check thread going with some people offering up some ideas for what they'd like them to look like. :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

Franz

you mean these? :thumbsup:
IMG_0009.jpg

my builder came by tonight to drop off some goodies. (pics coming tomorrow :-D

we discussed making some side scoop vents. he thinks we might be able to make some that would match these hood vents and possibly even have interchangeable screens as well. and be 2 tone-able like the hood vents. so you can really match them up. black frames with polished side scoop vents anyone? :beer:

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
3. sassafras (frames and screens in satin black, plus 1 extra pair of screens polished and cleared)
4.04redfirevert(1 set of frames satin black, 2 sets of screens, 1 polished)

Paypal sent 11/17

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I should be a shoe in but I'll post for sure tonight or tomorrow. Gotta talk to the boss. I got a Birthday coming up though.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
5. DREAMCOMETRUE. Black Satin Frame and mesh

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
6. jskwarek. Black Satin Frame and Mesh

Thanks Steve!

Jason

JGEMNTL

JGEMNTL
Established Member
6. jskwarek. Black Satin Frame and Mesh
8.JGEMNTL.. (black satin frame , with 1 polished mesh and 1 black mesh)

Thanks Steve!

Jason[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread