True Forged hood vent Group Buy****

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
1. jt239 [1 set, both frame and screen in satin black]
2. 03SVTCOBRA10TH (frames and screen in satin black Powder coat)
3. sassafras (frames and screens in satin black, plus 1 extra pair of screens polished and cleared)
4. 04redfirevert(1 set of frames satin black, 2 sets of screens, 1 polished)
5. DREAMCOMETRUE. Black Satin Frame and mesh
6. jskwarek. Black Satin Frame and Mesh
7. NWUCIT (brushed and cleared frames w/polished screens)
8. JGEMNTL.. (black satin frame , with 1 polished mesh and 1 black mesh)
9. Blown86 (Satin frames, Satin mesh)[/QUOTE]
10. Zinc03Cobra Satin Black frames, Satin black screen!
11. ICEMANII Set of coated polished frames and two sets of non coated polished screens.
12. WVMystichrome polished along with a set of polished screens and an extra set of black ones

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
there might be some confusion as to how much the total will come out to. before you send off a check or money order, maybe you should email me at [email protected] to be sure you've got it correctly. id hate to have to ask for you to send another one..

in fact, ill go through the list above and post what your total should be according to what youve typed. if it seems different that what you think, you can email me to discuss.

WydOpen

Established Member
1. jt239 (1 set, both frame and screen in satin black)
3. sassafras (frames and screens in satin black, plus 1 extra pair of screens polished and cleared)
4. 04redfirevert (1 set of frames satin black, 2 sets of screens, 1 polished)
5. DREAMCOMETRUE (Black Satin Frame and mesh)
6. jskwarek (Black Satin Frame and Mesh)
8. JGEMNTL (black satin frame , with 1 polished mesh and 1 black mesh)
9. Blown86 (Satin frames, Satin mesh)
10. Zinc03Cobra (Satin Black frames, Satin black screen!)
11. ICEMANII (Set of coated polished frames and two sets of non coated polished screens)
12. WVMystichrome (polished along with a set of polished screens and an extra set of black ones)
13. WydOpen (1 set of frames and screens in satin black powdercoat) - paid via PayPal 11/19 for $180.25

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those are really nice looking inserts. Great job on the design and finishes! :rockon:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve, maybe I missed it but do you know when you'll start shipping these?

Jason

theyll likely be finished by the end of next week (from machining) and then need another week for whatever applicable finishing you ordered (polishing/powdercoating/cleared/etc..). clear coated parts might take a few days extra just based on prior experience and that i know they dont do clear as often.

im extending the GB till next friday, the 28th, since this week was kind of short. Turbovnm is going to list them on Modfords for me too.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Put me down for polised frames with polished mesh. Then cleared as well.

Maybe next time my buddy paints some redfire I'll be painting the mesh Redfire and leaving the frame polished.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
11. ICEMANII (Set of coated polished frames and two sets of non coated polished screens)
12. WVMystichrome (polished along with a set of polished screens and an extra set of black ones)
13. WydOpen (1 set of frames and screens in satin black powdercoat) - paid via PayPal 11/19 for $180.25
14.Posi (polished frames and polished mesh with clear coat everything) Payment per Money Order

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Can you please send me a PM with the exact amount of my order. Canada Paypal. Black Satin frame and mesh+ Black satin intercooler.

Thanks

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
14.Posi (polished frames and polished mesh with clear coat everything) Payment per Money Order
15. CTCOBRA (polished frames and screens, both cleared) $200.85

hey all, ive been out the past few days. im checking through paypals right now to make sure i understand your order and it adds up correctly. tomorrow ill be going through checks/money orders ive received.

stupid shop didnt black chrome the stuff we sent them but they gave us a sample piece to check out and snap pics of. it looks absolutely perfect. ill post pics up in a few..

im going through a ton of PMs and emails right now, so be patient, ill get back to you. :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
word, I sent ya an email from my work email, let me know.. still waiting to hear back from you.

take care

slowly clawing my way through PMs and emails. this week is going to another busy week so ill be slow in responding to these, but ill get to them.

here's a pic of a sample of the clear coated black chrome. i found out from the chrome shop that this is basically the same thing theyre doing and that theyre not doing the "real black chrome" any more. so this is it. hard to get a good pic indoors at night but i only had it for a few minutes. it was another customer's piece that they let us borrow to take some quick pics. if you like black chrome, you WILL like this finish.

blackchromesample.jpg

im still waiting on the final word on the chrome prices. the shop is lagging big time. i mistakenly gave them a powdercoated screen so theyre dragging their feet in getting it stripped so they can chrome it. hopefully ill have it tomorrow. he's trying to give me better pricing because i told him most people will just opt for polished (from the other shop, lol) if chrome would be that much.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
those who want chrome, get ready to strap on your lollerskates. $200!!! :banana::kaboom: if you ONLY wanted the top frames chromed (not bottom frames or screens) you'd probably be looking at around $80 for the pair. they look absolutely beautiful but not much different from the polished ones. you might as well just go with polished :shrug:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
15. CTCOBRA (polished frames and screens, both cleared) $200.85
16. vj88 (brushed and cleared frames with satin black screens)
17. svt4stv (satin black frames with polished screens and 2nd screens in satin black)
18. JBGK black satin frames and polished screens

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
sent payment for black satin frames and polished screens

are you the guy who JUST called me and i told to put your name on the list :poke::-D

When would they be done?

they should be done from the machine shop hopefully by the end of week, possibly next due to the Thanksgiving.. from there, polishing or powdercoating (black) only takes a few days longer. then if youre getting clear coating too, a few more days for that. chrome takes at least 2 weeks..

so within 2-3 more weeks, depending on the options ordered.

the shop just started on these on friday because they wanted to do one last test fitment before making a ton of them, lol. my guy also showed me a sample with a sweet little chamfered edge around the top outside edge. it looked much sicker than the standard edge so i opted for it.

we were also discussing make matching side scoop vents. i gave him mine to look at and see what he could do. would people be interested in something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread