New Nitto NT05's Are On

Jefe

Established Member
New tire released by Nitto a week or so ago. Just picked them up. 275/40/17's. Look a little bit skinnier than the stock 275 F1's but much much softer.

Capture1-10.jpg

They wouldn't let me give the F1's a proper send off either:D Oh well

DSCI1042.jpg

DSCI1043.jpg

Ill keep this updated as I drive it more. Hoping to get 10k miles out of them. $179 per tire aint bad at all. They do make a 315/35/17 as well as 295/18's. Running them at 30psi

Slid sideways leaving Discount and took it through 1st and 2nd. Dont think Ive felt the car pull that hard(usually spin or hop). Drove about 4 miles and then hit it hard in 1st and they hooked very nicely. Pulled into work and could hear something on the tires....These bitches are sticky :rockon:

DSCI1046.jpg

Last edited:

eludercobra

Established Member
Yeah would be nice to know wear and if they are better than the Nitto DR or not.

I can't hook with the DR's spin and hop all over the place, even in third.

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
I plan on buying a set of these within the next month. will keep an eye on this thread to see how they do.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
With a 200 treadwear they aren't as sticky as the Nitto DR, which has a 100 treadwear. However, the 200 treadwear will probably hook good enough for most people and last a bit longer than the Nitto DR's.
If you're having problems hooking with the Nitto DR's, then these will not cure that problem - the NT05's have a stiffer sidewall and higher treadwear as well as what looks to be less of a contact patch - given the amount of rubber missing on either side of the center of the tire.

If you're over 500 RWHP - then there really isn't a tire out there that is going to let you hook all the time from any speed - and also last a reasonable amount of miles, it's all about compromise.

From my experience, the Nitto DR is the best tire for a high horsepower car that sees many miles on the street.

I've been through about 5 or 6 sets of Nitto DR's - I seem to get about 10 to 12,000 miles out of them.

Last edited:

eludercobra

Established Member
Well with the DR's i run at 26 psi or so, but i would think around 26 to 30 psi would be okay. Watch the wear and if it is cupping decrease the air and so on.

echo412

Established Member
Looks awesome dude. I just got these couple hours ago off the UPS truck :)

315s.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those new Nittos do look nice but as mentioned above, buying a tire always involves a compromise of traction vs. wear. Blame it on the big power these cars can make. LOL!

SpectorV

Established Member
im considering these, for a 9 inch rim do you feel the 275 covers the rim lip good, it seems to. I am going to need something for a 10 wide... and im not usre their 295 will be wide enough for me, I like the tire over the rim lip a little bit, the stretched looks is NOT for me.

also can you get some pics from behind the car to see how they look?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I was going to get them for my fronts but didn't feel like waiting so i got Nitto Invos instead. The design of the NT05 is pretty cool and i think they're suppose to be even stickier than the Falken Azenis 615's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread